diameter of stock exhaust on 14+ 6.2 trucks?

My previous truck which was a 2011 with the 6.2 was 3.5 inch exhaust. I assume it would be the same.

What kind of city highway mpg did you get with your GMT900 6.2? How is the 2014 5.3 power compared to your 2011 6.2?

anyone know the stock exhaust diameter for the 6.2 trucks? I'm guessing its 3" piping but want to make sure...I thought it may have been larger on the last gen

It is in fact a 3.5" Exhaust after the Y pipe up front near the engine. AKA cat back.

My previous truck which was a 2011 with the 6.2 was 3.5 inch exhaust. I assume it would be the same.

I did too, but for some reason I thought it was smaller now.

Reason I'd like to know is I have a local exhaust shop that'll build me a custom dual exhaust w/ a borla muffler MUCH cheaper than a catback, but can only bend 304 pipe in 3" diameter

What kind of city highway mpg did you get with your GMT900 6.2? How is the 2014 5.3 power compared to your 2011 6.2?

It was 13-14ish and 18-20 on the highway. The new 5.3 isn't too bad compared to the old 6.2. In fact put in some e85 and think the torque might be the same.

Every 14+ 6.2 I have ever looked at on the lot has the same diameter tailpipe as the 5.3's beside it do. If it is larger it's just 3" but I never bring a caliper along to check.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The tailpipes are the same after the muffler but the piping under the truck is 3.5" on the 6.2

I see zero difference in the tailpipes. If I get really bored I will go to the Chevrolet dealer and measure it.... but I doubt I will get that bored. Same exit and same diameter appearance. I looked at some 15s about a week ago.

The new 5.3 isn't too bad compared to the old 6.2. In fact put in some e85 and think the torque might be the same.

6.2 on gasoline: 420 hp 460 lb-ft

5.3 on gasoline: 355 hp 383 lb-ft

5.3 on E85: 380hp 416 lb-ft

6.2 on gasoline: 420 hp 460 lb-ft

5.3 on gasoline: 355 hp 383 lb-ft

5.3 on E85: 380hp 416 lb-ft

Where did you get that from? I never posted that lol. I know what the differences are on the trucks....and that's some guy above me that said that lol.

Edited by Badass69