Post Pics of your Roof Racks!

i am wanting to add roof racks to my truck and was wondering if anyone had done so yet! Post pics so i can see what they look like! Kind of pissed that GM doesn't offer the OEM roof racks anymore.

IMG_0518_zpsargc0l54.jpg

• Like 1

No offense but I bought a truck so I didn't have to stack stuff on top of it.

I'm interested to see a couple pics though (subscribing)

Sent from Off Driller Side

Edited by TDT
  • Like 2

I have a Yakima single bar with deflector and hitch mount rack for transporting kayaks. Never mounted it, so sorry no pictures. Since my back is bad I opted to get a full size trailer to mod into a custom kayak hauler.

My kayaks are 14+ feet in length so fat chance fitting them in the bed! plus no need to scratch up your paint until you retire the truck to firewood hauler.

...and I'm with the previous poster what up with the illusion.

Edited by Strykers_Inc

I wouldn't mind seeing if any one has a rack above the bed. I either want to put bars at the level of the bed and then a basket (i can't really seem to find much on the way of attaching bars though and trying to stay away from drilling holes), Or just put bars on the roof.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing if any one has a rack above the bed. I either want to put bars at the level of the bed and then a basket (i can't really seem to find much on the way of attaching bars though and trying to stay away from drilling holes), Or just put bars on the roof.

I am debating between a cap and an expedition, or chase rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am debating between a cap and an expedition, or chase rack.

A expedition or chase rack would be awesome! I might have to be the sacrificial lamb on this, i want to put a bars and a basket in the bed pretty bad... Ill head to the rack place probably next weekend ( out of town this weekend and place is kinda far away) If you guys are interest ill keep you posted

A expedition or chase rack would be awesome! I might have to be the sacrificial lamb on this, i want to put a bars and a basket in the bed pretty bad... Ill head to the rack place probably next weekend ( out of town this weekend and place is kinda far away) If you guys are interest ill keep you posted

You have a rack place? That's awesome. I talked to some fabrication guys near me and they are ballpark quoting $1k-$2k ish. So I will have to see when I speak to them and CAD something up.

I used the Yakima Bedrock's to mount bars above the bed. They clamp onto the top rails so easy in and out and no drilling. I used them to mount four upright bike racks and they worked awesome even on rough roads. don't know if I have any pics handy but you get a pretty good idea from their site:

https://www.yakima.com/bedrock-2

There was also a thread maybe in the accessories sub-forum about it, some other interesting options if I recall. a basket would be super easy to add to the yakima setup. or more fancy and adjustable there's the thule xsporter.

I built a bike rack which mounts to the bed rails, and is compatible with the bakflip. Just finished a 3000 mile trip with two bikes on the rack and worked like a charm. I wanted to keep the bed empty to fill with camping gear. All anodized black aluminum and marine grade stainless hardware. Comparable in price to the yakima, but the yakima is incompatible with bakflip.

Would either of these ideas work with a tonneau? Trying to figure out if I can put on a tonneau (soft roll up) and then have some kind of bars above it to hold 2 bikes.

Not sure I can do what I want but this seems the closest.

Ahh. Love Google.

Found what I think I want.

http://www.haulerracks.com/html/hauler_racks__inc__-_tonneau_r.html