Stock wheels on lifted trucks!

Great Looking truck man! Did you have to trim the studs at all for those 1.5 inch Bora spacers? Thinking of putting them on mine due to a good amount of UCA rubbing with my 33x12.50s.

Also, would you be able to post some pics down the side of the truck so I can see how far they stick out? I've got OEM GMC A/T wheels on mine, which i believe should be the same offset as your SLT wheels

I didn't need to trim anything. The stock wheels (including the ones you have) have pockets that will allow for them to fit without modifications. e531264e1db30e657b99e47ee2b82744.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't need to trim anything. The stock wheels (including the ones you have) have pockets that will allow for them to fit without modifications. e531264e1db30e657b99e47ee2b82744.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks! this helps out alot. I assume this picture is with the 1.5 inch right? (not that .25 inches makes much of a difference anyway)

• 1 month later...

3.5" Super Lift and 295/60R20 Cooper STT Pros.

4dcd073ee608cb7d86dc56f62f85f104.jpg453957df0b80f31876d2238570b46369.jpg71a573d61c3ddf6d1155f84837e21ba8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the truck. Just what I'm looking to do. 3.5 superlift with sst pro is what I want.

I have so many questions.

I have the same truck, but in the Silverado version...2017 Crew Cab,4x4, stamped steel control arms, is what I have.

So I have the chrome 20" LTZ wheels, they are +27 offset. What offset are your wheels?

Are you running any wheel spacers?

Any rubbing, anywhere?

According to Cooper, you're 295/60/20 tires spec out at 34.29 x 11.5 inches. I'm debating between those or the 295/55/20, which spec out at 33.07 x 12.3 inches

Or maybe even the 305/55/20 which is 33.5 x 12.4

I don't know what would look best, I like a wide tire but I'm concerned with the stamped steel control arms...any thoughts??? And don't want to run wheel spacers if I don't have to. But I must keep my factory wheels.

Also, do your tires actually measure out to the specs that Cooper lists on their website?

How's the ride on the 3.5 superlift?

Any firmer than stock, has it settled in better now???

How are the CV angles, Upper and lower ball joint angles. ( I know they give new UAC'S)... Any pictures of angles would be greatly appreciated.

Any other pictures of the truck would be great too, like to see how wide those tires look.

Wow, I know that's a lot, thank you for any information you can throw my way. Thanks.

Edited by 15_silverado

So I have the chrome 20" LTZ wheels, they are +27 offset. What offset are your wheels?

Are you running any wheel spacers?

Any rubbing, anywhere?

According to Cooper, you're 295/60/20 tires spec out at 34.29 x 11.5 inches. I'm debating between those or the 295/55/20, which spec out at 33.07 x 12.3 inches

Or maybe even the 305/55/20 which is 33.5 x 12.4

I don't know what would look best, I like a wide tire but I'm concerned with the stamped steel control arms...any thoughts??? And don't want to run wheel spacers if I don't have to. But I must keep my factory wheels.

Also, do your tires actually measure out to the specs that Cooper lists on their website?

How's the ride on the 3.5 superlift?

Any firmer than stock, has it settled in better now???

How are the CV angles, Upper and lower ball joint angles. ( I know they give new UAC'S)... Any pictures of angles would be greatly appreciated.

Any other pictures of the truck would be great too, like to see how wide those tires look.

Wow, I know that's a lot, thank you for any information you can throw my way. Thanks.

I would assume my 20" AT wheels are the same specs as yours are. People interchange them all of the time.

I run no spacers at all. I do get a little rub on the fender liners at full lock but zip tying them back solved most of it.

The tires measure out about 33.5" on the wheels and with that height programmed the speedo is right on. I had the 295/55/20s on my '14 and they measured about 32.5" and rubbed the sway bars a little. I think the taller tires look much better.

Ride is firmer then stock but I attribute that mostly to the LT tires and not the lift.

CV angles are not extreme but I don't have any pic of them specifically.

I think I answered everything but if not just let me know.

28e82811fa877c4be3b6779ffa6c5b6b.jpgb55d7ff45c95802b6c020adfd5cb8c4b.jpgf18202481e99f18b15465dcfe18a557c.jpg

• Like 3

dfb02e42688fe3a96a6133de14656108.jpg

Yea, yours is gorgeous... I think you have the 4.5 zone lift... correct?

I just can't commit to that, too much money, have to cutt and can't go back, and mostly I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep the truck.

Those are the wheels I have and must keep.,So...

What size tires do you have?

What control arms?

Any wheel spacers?, ( i know the zone lift pushes the tires out some up front)

Any rubbing anywhere?

Thanks, again it's beautiful.

Yea, yours is gorgeous... I think you have the 4.5 zone lift... correct?

I just can't commit to that, too much money, have to cutt and can't go back, and mostly I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep the truck.

Those are the wheels I have and must keep.,So...

What size tires do you have?

What control arms?

Any wheel spacers?, ( i know the zone lift pushes the tires out some up front)

Any rubbing anywhere?

Thanks, again it's beautiful.

Yes, Zone 4.5". Stamped Steel control arms which actually caused those wheels not to work, so I had to buy cheap chrome wheels for winter mounted on 305/55 Toyo AT2s. In the summer I run 22x10 AFs on 33x12.5 Nittos. And I have 1.5" bora spacers.

Winter setup now:

b920e8354136591cc1ca3a435cb19b8a.jpg

Summer setup:

7e95c40809c261573b421db3e0612e68.jpg

And thank you!

Yes, Zone 4.5". Stamped Steel control arms which actually caused those wheels not to work, so I had to buy cheap chrome wheels for winter mounted on 305/55 Toyo AT2s. In the summer I run 22x10 AFs on 33x12.5 Nittos. And I have 1.5" bora spacers.

Winter setup now:

b920e8354136591cc1ca3a435cb19b8a.jpg

Summer setup:

7e95c40809c261573b421db3e0612e68.jpg

And thank you!

So do you know why exactly the stock chrome 20 LTZ wheels won't work with the zone lift. Is it the stamped steel control arms or just how the zone lift is made. Why wouldn't wheel spacers work to allow the stock 20's to work???

So do you know why exactly the stock chrome 20 LTZ wheels won't work with the zone lift. Is it the stamped steel control arms or just how the zone lift is made. Why wouldn't wheel spacers work to allow the stock 20's to work???

the best I was able to figure out was the design of the stamped steel control arms. They have a "nub" that sticks out in front of the ball joint that was just big enough to rub on the tire when I turned, possibly also caused by the width of the tire. You could definitely use spacers, but this was only my winter wheel setup so it was easier to just sell those for a cheap set of chrome wheels. You could also have bought aftermarket UCAs to solve the issue. Oddly enough I've seen 1 other Zone guy with stamped steel control arms with stock wheels and no spacers. There was absolutely no way to make it work without at least 1/2" spacers so I don't know how he did it. Possibly grinding that nub down. I was really bummed because I loved those wheels for winter

My old 2015 when it was on stock gmc 20s painted black with 305/55r20 on a 3.5 rcx lift attachicon.gifFullSizeRender.jpg

Black that is exactly what I am thinking about doing but gloss black 20's.....