That may be the case but there is no reason a 50k dollar truck should vibrate...ever! I was given the same line about the vibrations from the Service Manager. Do not accept that garbage. There is an issue with these trucks and it needs to be fixed ASAP. Tires are not the issue.

That may be the case but there is no reason a 50k dollar truck should vibrate...ever! I was given the same line about the vibrations from the Service Manager. Do not accept that garbage. There is an issue with these trucks and it needs to be fixed ASAP. Tires are not the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the V4 mode vibration during decel, I went to M5 mode and noticed that the vibration was still there but not as pronounced. After the dealer replaced my exhaust, I locked open the AFM Exhaust dampening valve and this minimized the vibration a little more. I just got my truck back a few days ago from the dealer for paint issues, and had them check this vibration again while it was there. They said they could not duplicate and I would have to ride with a service manager to point it out. I said I would return next week but on the ride home I noticed that there were no vibrations and the 50-40mph decel vibration was all but gone. I have a theory about my type of vibrations and it has to do with the suspention and minor balancing issues with the rotating assemblies. I think when slowing down the front struts/springs are loaded and planted to the ground and with the stiff Z71 setup these road vibrations are transfered to the stiff frame and into the cab. The 50-40mph phenomenon may just be the overall vehicle acoustics and harmonics at their worst where all the rotating parts chime in. I think this is why balancing and rotating the tires changes the characteristics and consistency of the vibrations.

I think tires are definitely part of the issue. Here's why:

I picked my truck up Thursday night after getting tires, shocks, left rear axle, more tires, road force, etc. The advisor said they found that the tire was slipping on the rim, so they rebalanced again and let it sit overnight with a different compound. They finally got the Pico into an acceptable range.

I drove it to work and figured I'd just mark the wheels/tires for chits and giggles.

Well, after I got home I noticed the left rear had slipped abut 2" and it definitely felt different on the way home compared to the ride to work. Then today, I towed my boat into town and back and guess what...found its now about 7" from where it started. With 3oz of weight, I'm sure that has a major effect. Mine has the polished 20" wheels with GY.

• 1 month later...

I think tires are definitely part of the issue. Here's why:

I picked my truck up Thursday night after getting tires, shocks, left rear axle, more tires, road force, etc. The advisor said they found that the tire was slipping on the rim, so they rebalanced again and let it sit overnight with a different compound. They finally got the Pico into an acceptable range.

I drove it to work and figured I'd just mark the wheels/tires for chits and giggles.

Well, after I got home I noticed the left rear had slipped abut 2" and it definitely felt different on the way home compared to the ride to work. Then today, I towed my boat into town and back and guess what...found its now about 7" from where it started. With 3oz of weight, I'm sure that has a major effect. Mine has the polished 20" wheels with GY.

If the tire actually slips on the rim when inflated to recommended pressure, then you have a major problem. Either the rim is oversized or the tire is undersized, or a combination of both. A properly fitting tire should not slip on the rim unless it is severely underinflated and the driver spins the tires hard on dry pavement).

2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2WD here, Dealer replaced tires 3 times to finally went to a different brand From Goodyear we went to Bridgestone. Stopped the Vibration for almost 4 days with a 90% successful rate. Now the 2nd attempt with almost 12 days there, they're replacing the entire driveshaft, U-Joints and Differential Bearings or Gears, whatever was. So I'm still down with the truck in service for a total of 14 days and counting because of the weekend. I'll push it hars for a truck replacement for sure and hope nothing out of my pocket. Im Not sure for the Arizona Lemon Laws, tho.

Edited by Azgmcsierra

• 3 weeks later...

I have this document saved. I figured once GM got word of this there would be a push to remove this information from that site. Does anyone know how to post the document I tried to load it as an attachment but says file is too large.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Just purchased my Silverado today and already having issues with the Chevy My link infotainment system. Has a back up camera along with Navy and all the goodies. Not even an hour from leaving the dealer the screen randomly goes black, continuously disconnects my S6 (even when I am on a call), and has locked up my Ipod classic. Is this a typical thing I am to expect out of my new truck? Any solutions?

Hello all,

Just purchased my Silverado today and already having issues with the Chevy My link infotainment system. Has a back up camera along with Navy and all the goodies. Not even an hour from leaving the dealer the screen randomly goes black, continuously disconnects my S6 (even when I am on a call), and has locked up my Ipod classic. Is this a typical thing I am to expect out of my new truck? Any solutions?

Not the correct thread to post in. You may want to start a new thread in the k2 section