In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

level kit vs Bilstein vs rancho quicklift

Hey all - so I have read almost everythingunder the level thread and suspension thread.. My question is which way (level vs suspension lift) will make my truck ride like almost stock - i drive mostly highway so i want a nice smooth ride (make fun all you want lol).. I will be using my truck in the fall and winter for hunting and ice fishing..

I am only looking for a 2-2.5" lift due to my parking garage only having a max height of 6' 6".... I have looked at the RC 2.5" level kit, but have also seen the bilstein shocks and the rancho quicklifts that can raise the front 2"...

if i only want a 2-2.5" lift does it really matter which way i go? is there one clear cut winner for this?? I know price veries widely between all 3 options so im hoping to get feedback from you all - Thanks!

You sure you will be able to fit after adding a leveling kit? My truck barley fit in a 6' 7" garage deck when it was stock. The antenna was hitting the clearance sign.

That aside, I added Bilsteins and I love them. The truck rides great, even better than stock. There is some debate with on leveling kits, but I was a fan of the Bilsteins because the OEM Rancho shocks rode like sh!t. So I figured I might as well go to a different brand shock.

Edited by fondupot
  • Like 1

I added 2.5" RC level and it wasn't bad. Once I drove to get tires installed and drove 80 miles from Austin to San Antonio it was a bit rougher. For me it wasn't bad but my Camaro with upgraded suspension is like riding in a dump truck so Im use to feeling every bump. One day I will replace the shocks but not til we have kids and the wife wants it to ride like a Cadillac since only 4 door car we have

• 1 month later...

I installed the 2" ReadyLift and have already had to replace 1 lower strut insulator... I DO NOT recommend!!!

I'm thinking about switching to the Rancho QuickLift.

Edited by ScottyMIX

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By KT47
      I’m looking for the best 6 inch lift for this truck. I talked to a local suspension shop for an install and they spooked me on Rough Country - they stopped installing them due to poor quality and many after install problems.
      would very much appreciate any and all input - truck is a brand new build and I want to do it right.
    • By Ronjon
      Does anyone have experience with belltech lift kits? I've seen plenty of positive reviews from their lowering kits. They've been in the suspension industry for a while, just not so much the trail or lift side.

Long travel is the end goal, but a $700 coilover kit with a 5 yr warranty vs an extended strut sounds more functional.

I'm considering the adjustable 3-4" lift coilovers, part #15203. 

-Helper spring
      -60mm damper body
      -35mm independent valves
      -20mm piston rod

I've got a 2020 z71 with the 3.0 Duramax for those needing an image to work with.
      Still exploring UCA options. 35*12.5r17 will be the tire size.
      Probably going to order them next month.
    • By Caleb Kalaj
      So I installed a kryptonite stage 3 leveling kit on my sierra HD. Cranked up the keys so it’s just about level, it had quite a bit of rake to it before. Came out to a total of ~3.5 inches lift in the front and 1 inch in the back from the new bilstein shocks included.  It looks amazing but my issue is it rides rough. I don’t want to lower the front and lose that nice stance it has. Can I install the kryptonite shock extenders as well with this kit to get my ride quality back?  Or any other suggestions?

• By Nate_110
      Hey everyone. I have a 2016 Sierra Denali. A while back I opted to do away with the magnaride struts and installed BIlstein 6112s in the front with Cognito UCAs and BIlstein 5100s in the rear, also added Xineering bypass kit to clear the Magnaride errors. I had an issue recently with the stop mount on the drivers side strut blowing out. I contacted BIlstein about it and the rep told me he thought he had been told that the distance between the LCA and where the strut mounts into the truck frame at the top on a magnaride equipped Denali is shorter than a normal Sierra and that it was possible that the strut was too compressed, causing it to push through the top mount. Has anyone ever heard this or experienced this issue? I can’t find anything mentioned about it anywhere. I’m taking the truck in next week to get it fixed but if it’s going to just happen again I am wondering if I need to get different struts all together. 
    • By JLock
      I have a stock 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 slt preferred package. Time to get new tires and the Mickey Thompson Baja boss at’s look promising. Can anybody tell me if the 275/60 will fit without a level and and real world reviews on these tires (particularly road noise)? It shows that they measure at a 33.4 which is a little bigger than other 275/60s. Pics also appreciated