2014 sierra rear end

• 9 months later...

UPDATE.... at 20000 km, had all bearings replaced in rear end approx 9 months ago......truck is now at 36000 kms, and the same problem is back!....will keep you posted as to what they find

What happens to your truck that makes you take it in for service?

there is a vibration felt in the console when your arm is resting on it....between 60-80km is most noticeable. It wont shake the fillings out of your teeth...lol...but it is there......if I never had the truck since new, probably would not even notice the change, but where I had since new and it was not there before, you tend to notice things changing with your vehicle

I had a vibration and whine in my 2014 Denali when it was new. The dealer wanted to replace just the ring and pinion because they found that there was a manufacturing defect in some of them. After many discussions, they opted to put in a complete new differential, wheel to wheel. Vibration and whine completely gone. Good luck

I had a vibration and whine in my 2014 Denali when it was new. The dealer wanted to replace just the ring and pinion because they found that there was a manufacturing defect in some of them. After many discussions, they opted to put in a complete new differential, wheel to wheel. Vibration and whine completely gone. Good luck

Thanks......that is exactly what they did with mine last year and it was good until now....will keep you posted!

Yep had mine replaced with 500 miles on the truck. I was having a very loud whine noise from 40-48 mph. they pulled the ring gear to find that some of the bolts weren't torqued to the proper specs and that a shim or two were not in spec. Apparently an issue at the assembly plant is what I was told from the dealership. All was quiet for the next 10,000 or so miles and now the noise is back. This time its around the 70-74 mph range.

I'm on my 3rd differential and waiting for my 4th. I'm being patient and very polite during all of this but I told them that after this I am pushing for a buyback.

1. At 30 miles on the clock, my truck was whining at 65mph and light throttle. The pinion nut wasn't tightened from GM.

2. Differential was rebuilt with new gears - 150 miles after rebuild the noise is back and at the same speed. They tore it down again to find the backlast went from .006" to .010" and the pattern moved.

3. GM sent an entire new differential assy. Assy installed and all was quiet for 1200 miles. Now it's whining again at 1500 miles. I am waiting for a "hand assembled" unit from a repair facility here in the states. If this doesn't work I'm going to ask they buy it back. I don't want a truck that whines at me at 65mph.

i just heard a rumor going around the dealership that there is a new service bulletin for the vibration issue but no clue what the # is or whats involved.

Archived