2006 Sierra 2500 Ac turning of when it rains

Kealay

I have a 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 truck. Every time it rains my AC compressor kicks off. As soon as the rain stops the AC will come back on. i have replaced the ambient temp sensor, but that did not help. I'm not sure what else to try.

If I go through a car wash it will kick of also. It will snow cold air for weeks until it rains. I had it looked at and all the freon levels were right on. When you hit the Ac button in the cab . The snowflake will just blink three times and go off.

My first step would be to scan the HVAC module for codes. Pulling a DTC would ease the diagnosis process considerably.

Without a DTC, I would start by inspecting the compressor wiring, the system ground(s), and the A/C command wire for any obvious defects.

You can also measure resistance and voltage at the relevant connectors when the system is functioning as designed. Then create the condition you are describing by getting the vehicle wet, and take the same readings. Any major differences should point to a wiring problem.

Archived