2015 Silverado goes 13.97

8secpumpgasdad

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That pass was 1.996 But I also ran a 14.0002 with a 1.988 60'.

A sub 2sec 60' in a bone stock truck with the factory tune and all torque management still in place is damned impressive. That 8spd gearing must be really helping that thing get out of the hole! Did you get much wheelspin or feel the transfer case shift into 4WD on the launch?

It takes a well prepped track and feathering the throttle for my 2WD to get anything under a 2.1 60'

I could hear the tires bark at launch, but not really any wheel spin. I tried 2wd once but had too much wheel spin and ran 14.36 with 2.27 60'. Could probably of done better but that was my last pass of the night. The truck nosed over just before the finish line on that pass. When my speedometer shows 98 it shuts down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thats impressive. I have a 6.2 in 2wd. I dont plan on racing my truck but its tempting. I use to bracket race pretty heavy from 2004 to 2009. Sold my car and havent been on the track since. :(

Went back to the track last night and ran 5 times all in the 13's with a best of 13.8641 @ 98.15.

Man, congrats! Very nice times! I would have been to the track long ago but with a 92mph cut off on mine it would just piss me off. I can only imagine she would do with a good launch and without hitting the limiter though. 3.73 2wd 6.2 DoubleCab.

Man, congrats! Very nice times! I would have been to the track long ago but with a 92mph cut off on mine it would just piss me off. I can only imagine she would do with a good launch and without hitting the limiter though. 3.73 2wd 6.2 DoubleCab. Thanks, I read somewhere that the 2014's had a110 mph cut off. Yeah, even 98 does a little, but I'm right there when it shuts off.

Man thats great for a stocker

Thanks, but I think probably most of the 6.2's run like that. A friend of mine took his wife's 2015 Yukon Denali to the track the same night I was there and ran 14.0's every pass with a 14.03 as his best pass.I think the weight difference is the reason he was a tad slower.

Archived