2015 Silverado goes 13.97

8secpumpgasdad

Man, congrats! Very nice times! I would have been to the track long ago but with a 92mph cut off on mine it would just piss me off. I can only imagine she would do with a good launch and without hitting the limiter though. 3.73 2wd 6.2 DoubleCab.

You should do a tune on it, your truck would be a beast!

Did you by chance used to work at Thunder Racing?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In theory it should be pretty quick! Feels as good as my TBSS that went 13.sixties. Yes I did. Version one though. lol 2008 and prior. You Jason's buddy? I recall a friend of his having an M3 with that name.

And yes a tune would be frkn nice to have.. just worried about the warranty.

In theory it should be pretty quick! Feels as good as my TBSS that went 13.sixties. Yes I did. Version one though. lol 2008 and prior. You Jason's buddy? I recall a friend of his having an M3 with that name.

And yes a tune would be frkn nice to have.. just worried about the warranty.

Yep, figured that had to be you with the 3rd gen. avatar. Your car was always one of the cleanest 3rd gens around!

Yep, figured that had to be you with the 3rd gen. avatar. Your car was always one of the cleanest 3rd gens around!

Thanks man! You have an LS swapped in that M3 yet? That was a sweet car too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn! Still completely stock?

Yep, it was 48 degrees. DA was 185 ft. above sea level. Also ran 2 other 13.7's but the 13.73 was the best. One of my speeds was 98.12 mph because I was closer to the finish line when it topped out.

Yep, it was 48 degrees. DA was 185 ft. above sea level. Also ran 2 other 13.7's but the 13.73 was the best. One of my speeds was 98.12 mph because I was closer to the finish line when it topped out.

Nice! That's almost as quick as my TBSS with a tune and air intake. LOL Went 13.6's in it. I always felt like my truck was just as quick. The power under the curve of these engines is just amazing.

I was so close from going out to Mokan a couple weekends ago with my buddy. I have been out there a couple of times over the summer with my old 4th gen Taurus SHO, but I have not taken my new stock 15' CC Silverado 6.2 there yet. Looks like I found a truck racing buddy at Mokan! My truck cuts out at 99 mph as well..

Really impressed by the numbers you are getting - thats awseome.

I was so close from going out to Mokan a couple weekends ago with my buddy. I have been out there a couple of times over the summer with my old 4th gen Taurus SHO, but I have not taken my new stock 15' CC Silverado 6.2 there yet. Looks like I found a truck racing buddy at Mokan! My truck cuts out at 99 mph as well..

Really impressed by the numbers you are getting - thats awseome.

I plan on going back in the Spring. Hope to see you there. Mine is an LTZ CC 4X4 Silver Ice Metallic with 6" steps and tanneau cover. I'll be looking for you.

I plan on going back in the Spring. Hope to see you there. Mine is an LTZ CC 4X4 Silver Ice Metallic with 6" steps and tanneau cover. I'll be looking for you.

Sounds good! You can see mine in my signature, obviously lol. Looking forward to run my truck!

Any plans for upgrades or tune in the meantime?

Sounds good! You can see mine in my signature, obviously lol. Looking forward to run my truck!

Any plans for upgrades or tune in the meantime?

I'm retiring after the first of the year and my son is trying to talk me into putting twin turbos on it with my 401k retirement. He almost has me talked into it.

I'm retiring after the first of the year and my son is trying to talk me into putting twin turbos on it with my 401k retirement. He almost has me talked into it.

You should. If I wasn't 45k in the hole on a new truck and relying on the warranty for any issues in the next 5 years.. I would totally be saving for a turbo set-up. Not sure if I would do twin or a bigger single set-up. In the long run I want to have full exhaust, E85 conversion, boost and dyno tuned.

You should. If I wasn't 45k in the hole on a new truck and relying on the warranty for any issues in the next 5 years.. I would totally be saving for a turbo set-up. Not sure if I would do twin or a bigger single set-up. In the long run I want to have full exhaust, E85 conversion, boost and dyno tuned.

Armageddon is working on a tune for their twin turbo 6.2. The 5.3 went from 289 rwh to 515 rwh on 8 lbs of boost. Hopefully the 6.2 will be around 50 hp more. They give you everything you need except for the injectors they say you should use. And for a little extra money they have a 6 stage boost controller if you want more power.

Archived