2015 Silverado goes 13.97

8secpumpgasdad

my friend owns tune time performance and has a 15 6.2 Denali CC he is doing a OEM Blower retrofit over the winter (putting together a package for resale etc). that truck is going to be a beast they are so quick already..

13.7 bone stock banging off the limiter lol too much!

PS. my TBSS went 13.49 @102 bone stock with a 1000 mi on it back in 2006, was 2wd though. nobody has touched that (as reported on any site i could find) only one went quicker was a 13.3 that used 4 trailblazer 16"wheels/tires not the stock 20's....

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Improved to 13.7367 @ 97.57 mph. Speed is down because it hit 98 about 60' from the finish line and shut down. My 1/8 mile was 8.768 @ 79.41.

Is there any chance that you could post one of your time slips? I'm really tempted to try mine next spring, but I'll be happy to break into the 14's due to Bandimere's 5,800 ft. altitude. At least I won't have to worry about hitting the speed limiter. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Mine hit's a first limiter at 97 mph. But if I keep my foot down it'll inch up to 99 then hits a hard limiter and won't go past that.

Therefore my best 1/4 mile is 14.1 @ 97.x mph.

Sucks because it hits the 97 mph initial limiter well before the 1/4 mile mark (about 100 feet).

For giggles I set up the VBox to see what 0-96 mph would be. With 3-4 runs they were all 13.0 to 13.1 seconds.

So it clearly doesn't take 1.0 to 1.1 seconds to go 1 mph more when my limiter kicks in. I'm banging off the limiter for a second before I even hit the 1/4 mile stripe.

Without a limiter of 97 mph, I'm pretty confident a stock 2015+ 6.2L Crew Cab 4x4 8 speed (non Max Tow) would do the 1/4 mile in

13.6's @ 100 mph.

My son has a 2016 Sierra CC 4X4 6.2 8 speed that also shuts off early and he ran 13.86 @ 97 something. Once his hits 98 it noses over just like mine did.It doesn't have a second limiter that I ever noticed. I never really tried it once it nosed over because like you I'm close to the end when it noses over.

My son has a 2016 Sierra CC 4X4 6.2 8 speed that also shuts off early and he ran 13.86 @ 97 something. Once his hits 98 it noses over just like mine did.It doesn't have a second limiter that I ever noticed. I never really tried it once it nosed over because like you I'm close to the end when it noses over.

I only called it a "second limiter" because the power abruptly stops when the digital speedo says 97, but I have a 2-3 mile long stretch of freeway a couple miles from my house and when I tried it originally the first limiter hit at 97 and I just kept my foot down for a couple more seconds and the digital speedo then clicked to 98, then 99 and wouldn't hit 100.

It's a shame, and no real excuse, as the 2014 model would do 110 with same engine.

Not sure why in 2015 GM decided to make the truck have a lower top speed than any other.

Even the Yukon XL goes into triple digits and it's heavier than the Sierra's.

Ford, Ram, Toyota, Nissan all their pick ups go at least 105 I believe before limiter.

It can't possibly be for "safety" as old rickety cars from 50 years ago would go over 100 mph on bias ply tires and pillow soft suspension.

GM seems to make some weird, unconventional, inconsistent, and even unexplainable decisions in many areas.

It can't possibly be for "safety" as old rickety cars from 50 years ago would go over 100 mph on bias ply tires and pillow soft suspension.

GM seems to make some weird, unconventional, inconsistent, and even unexplainable decisions in many areas.

Hmmm . . . . Back in the mid 60's I had a blowout driving my '58 Pontiac SuperChief Tri-Power on a no-speed-limit Nevada highway. I will guarantee you old cars, 100+ mph and recapped bias tires do not make for a safe ride.

No one ever said recaps of any kind were safe at high speeds. My 74 barracuda ran triple didgets plenty of times on 2plys till I wore them out. Then went to cheater slicks on the back fun times in the rain.

Hmmm . . . . Back in the mid 60's I had a blowout driving my '58 Pontiac SuperChief Tri-Power on a no-speed-limit Nevada highway. I will guarantee you old cars, 100+ mph and recapped bias tires do not make for a safe ride.

Not much about cars of the 50's and 60's are considered safe by today's standards.

My point was, by today's standards even 1/2 ton pick up truck is vastly safer traveling at 100-110 mph compared to what most cars were just a decade or two ago.

People drove cars (and even trucks) decades ago at 100+ mph (as you said when in many states they didn't have speed limits).

With all the improvements in just about everything, including electronic nannies and aerodynamics, tires, brakes, you name it, I just don't see why GM wouldn't allow their 1/2 ton trucks to match the 105-110 mph top speeds every other truck does (and GM allowed in their 2014 trucks).

Again, not that I plan to be driving around at 105-110 mph in the truck, but if you are on a freeway with a 75 mph speed limit (or in Texas it's 85 mph) and you need to make a multi-vehicle pass of a couple cars or a semi driving 5-10 mph under the speed limit, you will, without a doubt, hit into current 97-99 mph speed limit of these trucks.

So.. why do we need a truck that can go 90+ MPH?

Why does any car need to go over 90 mph?

Why does anybody need an electric toothbrush?

Why does anybody need a TV with a screen larger than 42"?

Why does anybody need a watch that costs more than $100?

Why does anybody need $150 running shoes if they don't run?

Why does anybody need LED headlights?

Why does anybody need lane keep assist?

Why does anybody need automatic headlights?

Why does anybody need 500+W stereo system in their cars?

etc

etc

etc

Want, not need. I think you are smart enough to know that answer to your own question and all of the examples above too.

where well over 100 used to be cheap..

I bet they reserve it for some future special edition.

all the new trucks auto gear right by my 280hp on a 5 speed...

but I have to let off after 120 with plenty more to go.

20 years old now.

Tires have always been an issue.

the last brake anomaly I am lucky to be alive over was my backyard G-body that sailed into the 160s.

It needed more than a mile to stop.

A lot of stuff is fixed..

I agree for racers, there should be a little more freedom.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/15/2017 at 4:08 PM, Driver72 said:

I only called it a "second limiter" because the power abruptly stops when the digital speedo says 97, but I have a 2-3 mile long stretch of freeway a couple miles from my house and when I tried it originally the first limiter hit at 97 and I just kept my foot down for a couple more seconds and the digital speedo then clicked to 98, then 99 and wouldn't hit 100.

It's a shame, and no real excuse, as the 2014 model would do 110 with same engine.

Not sure why in 2015 GM decided to make the truck have a lower top speed than any other.

Even the Yukon XL goes into triple digits and it's heavier than the Sierra's.

Ford, Ram, Toyota, Nissan all their pick ups go at least 105 I believe before limiter.

Does this limiter only activate whilst in AUTO 4WD? The reason I ask is because I swear my 2015 6.2L has been over 100mph in 2WD on the highway.

Archived