$96K Shelby Super Snake vs. $39K Camaro SS - Which is faster

Gorehamj

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subaru gave up on the STI. Same engine since like 2004? No thanks.

I think they kept the engine because its more of a peaky revver, keeps with the rally theme. The WRX has the newer torquey motor.

WRX just got awarded the IIHS TSP+, that story caught my eye. I think 3 people on a gaming site Im on have Rexesvand they love them. I was cross shopping one when I was looking at my 6 years ago. If they ever put a decent interior in one( just look nasty compared to either of my Mazdas I might bite.

What did he do for the extra 40hp?

Ryan

Next time I talk with him I'll ask, but if he did anything with the exhaust it had to be catback to pass smog in California or replace the OEM exhaust every 2 years. Read 2016 SS eight speed auto performance estimates today, they matched the Z/28 in 0-60 and quarter mile acceleration. My son has an eight speed and it was impressive, can't imagine the ZL1 2017 model SS.

STi and 1SS are both amazing values... Until it's snowing, raining, dirt, mud... Then the STi is on top.

Yeah exactly my thoughts... Definitely leaning toward the Camparo but practicality calls for the AWD WRX/STI.. 4 doors and AWD and reliability.

If I was going that direction it'd be a Golf R or this new Focus I just read about today.

The focus isn't a very good value compared to the WRX or Camaro. I like the VW, but from a reliability standpoint I couldn't go with one. It seems like it's always been an issue for them.

I'm a big fan of AWD, makes winter driving fun. Especially with some boxer BRAAAP. :lol:

:cringe:

Not a Camaro guy I see :lol:

Focus RS starts at 36.5k, runs to 42k.

Wow, a 42k Focus.....

42 for a focus... outrageous. i looked a a 1SS V8 manual camaro last month and with incentives the price would have been 35,500.

Focus & Subaru's? :sigh:

Not a Mustang fan either. Like the body line down the fender/door.

But the Fusion front clip & roof line kill it.

However, there are some other things to look forward to.

Check the hood at :08.

Focus & Subaru's? :sigh:

Not a Mustang fan either. Like the body line down the fender/door.

But the Fusion front clip & roof line kill it.

However, there are some other things to look forward to.

Check the hood at :08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=37XozVb9VMk

No idea what you saw. :08 is a 3/4 view from the rear

You can see it from other angles too, but if you look down the hood you can see the revised cowl or vent towards the front of the hood.

Oh. I noticed that. I thought you saw something in there

Oh. I noticed that. I thought you saw something in there

Only mentioned so if someone was watching on a small screen like a phone, they may miss it as it is kind of at the start of the video.

Curious when they will debut it without the camo? Detroit in Jan? But even then Sales & orders for the 2016's will still be just getting going.

I know they begin building the 2016 in October, but imagine with winter & dealer stock up, it will still be just getting underway in terms of sales.

Archived