Civilianizing the '15 Tahoe PPV.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 11:10 PM, tahoeppv15 said:

I’m just curious, and if I need to ask in a separate post, I don’t mind doing so. I have a 15 PPV and can’t notice any differences at all while in competitive mode. What exactly does this mode do?

Interesting.  When I am in competitive mode the truck feels like it holds the gears longer, shifts harder and has traction control turned off.

Did you buy the truck new? If not, perhaps a previous owner had the ECU accidentally down graded by update to the none PPV shift program.

• 2 months later...

Regarding the wiring for the mirrors, center console, etc., I can help. Some options can be added with wiring, others will need module programming. I can make custom harnesses.

I’ve dealt with the civilian trim levels and would like to work with you guys to see what can be added to the PPVs. I would certainly appreciate any pics of the body & door connector end views to determine what circuits are there from the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CMatt and RC45,

I have a 2015 PPV and want to get ride if the jump seat and install a center console.  I can find a console on ebay but need to know what wiring harness and connectors to get to make it work properly.  Also want to upgrade the dam io3 4 inch screen system to a 7 or 8 inch io6 touch screen.  I have seen places that offer a system for 2k but was thinking I should be able to pull the parts needed from a salvaged 2018 tahoe or suburban.  Lastly, I want to add power folding mirrors but read that people are having issue with the passenger side not folding or adjusting.

Any assistance you can lend on these two upgrades I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Edited by ashtondm

CMatt and RC45,

I have a 2015 PPV and want to get ride if the jump seat and install a center console.  I can find a console on ebay but need to know what wiring harness and connectors to get to make it work properly.  Also want to upgrade the dam io3 4 inch screen system to a 7 or 8 inch io6 touch screen.  I have seen places that offer a system for 2k but was thinking I should be able to pull the parts needed from a salvaged 2018 tahoe or suburban.  Lastly, I want to add power folding mirrors but read that people are having issue with the passenger side not folding or adjusting.

Any assistance you can lend on these two upgrades I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

I can help you. Parts can easily be added. The functionality will depend on what wiring is present/can be added and any module programming needed.

The console will require a custom harness which I can make.

To upgrade to a fully functional IO6 system, you’ll need an HMI, screen assembly, radio, possibly the CD player and associated wiring if not present. You could even look into adding the Denali/Premier cluster and HUD.

Can you expand more on what you’re reading about the mirrors? I also build wire harnesses to integrate the full function DL3 mirrors or aftermarket tow mirrors. If the mirrors were connected without the proper wiring present, I can see why they wouldn’t function properly.

Cmatt,

the mirror issue I read in another thread but that upgrade is going to be later done  the first two upgrades is the center console and most likely replace the driver and passenger power seats.  The console I found on ebay.  I can remove the passenger seat and send you pics of the harness, so you can see what module programming you will need.  I saw someone here sold one for a Silverado but apparently it will notwork on a tahoe.

Is there a particular center console to avoid?

Thanks for your assistance.

Cmatt,

the mirror issue I read in another thread but that upgrade is going to be later done  the first two upgrades is the center console and most likely replace the driver and passenger power seats.  The console I found on ebay.  I can remove the passenger seat and send you pics of the harness, so you can see what module programming you will need.  I saw someone here sold one for a Silverado but apparently it will notwork on a tahoe.

Is there a particular center console to avoid?

Thanks for your assistance.

That would be great. Makes sure you grab a pic of the connector end so I can see what terminals are present.

Just be sure the console you buy isn’t a foreign country spec that has the 220 volt outlet. Other than that, I’m not aware of anything else to avoid.

• 8 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 12:18 AM, cmatt said:

That would be great. Makes sure you grab a pic of the connector end so I can see what terminals are present.

Just be sure the console you buy isn’t a foreign country spec that has the 220 volt outlet. Other than that, I’m not aware of anything else to avoid.

CMatt,

I just got the Center Console for my 2015 Tahoe PPV, I will be working on taking out the center console and taking pics of the connector end so you can build the harness.

As for the IO3 to IO6 upgrade I am looking at parts now, I know I need the HMI2.5, Radio module with apple play and android and navigation module if I want nav and the 8 in screen and sirrus radio antenna.  I know infotainment sells a complete package for a little over 2k which is 90% plug and plag but there is still some wiring that has to be done.

Last question, is it possible to go from a key ignition to a push to start on the PPV?

Edited by ashtondm

CMatt,

I just got the Center Console for my 2015 Tahoe PPV, I will be working on taking out the center console and taking pics of the connector end so you can build the harness.

As for the IO3 to IO6 upgrade I am looking at parts now, I know I need the HMI2.5, Radio module with apple play and android and navigation module if I want nav and the 8 in screen and sirrus radio antenna.  I know infotainment sells a complete package for a little over 2k which is 90% plug and plag but there is still some wiring that has to be done.

Last question, is it possible to go from a key ignition to a push to start on the PPV?

That’s great. On the ignition, I’ll look into it. My initial thought is about the programming needed. I’d vet that out first to make sure it can be done. The rest would just be parts and wiring.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just picked up a 2015 PPV and I am in the process of transforming it. My main issue is the fact that none of the electric outlets seems to be working. One DC outlet on the front is the only one with power. The phone charger, aux, console power outlet, and rear console climate controls have no power. I looked under the console and found a bunch of wiring that isnt connected to anything. Does it just need to be plugged in? Or is it more complicated than that? 

TIA

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2021 at 9:53 AM, tahoeguyppv said:

I just picked up a 2015 PPV and I am in the process of transforming it. My main issue is the fact that none of the electric outlets seems to be working. One DC outlet on the front is the only one with power. The phone charger, aux, console power outlet, and rear console climate controls have no power. I looked under the console and found a bunch of wiring that isnt connected to anything. Does it just need to be plugged in? Or is it more complicated than that? 

TIA

Mine is the same way.   Nice console but nothing works