A few questions about my new truck's audio system

chagan02

Hello all. Bought my first Chevy and I'm interested in adding an aftermarket sub under the rear seat. I have googled and searched all over and I cant come to a conclusion on a few things as I'm seeing conflicting info. Thus I thought I would ask here.

1. Which system do I have (Bose/NonBose)?

2. Does it have a sub? (I have heard that there should be a sub under the console)

3. Any articles that I can be pointed to that specifially cover adding a sub to my truck.

My truck is a 2015 LTZ Crew Cab Silverado 1500 with a center console. The window sticker doesn't say anything about bose, but does say upgraded audio with Chevy MyLink.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hello all. Bought my first Chevy and I'm interested in adding an aftermarket sub under the rear seat. I have googled and searched all over and I cant come to a conclusion on a few things as I'm seeing conflicting info. Thus I thought I would ask here.

1. Which system do I have (Bose/NonBose)?

2. Does it have a sub? (I have heard that there should be a sub under the console)

3. Any articles that I can be pointed to that specifially cover adding a sub to my truck.

My truck is a 2015 LTZ Crew Cab Silverado 1500 with a center console. The window sticker doesn't say anything about bose, but does say upgraded audio with Chevy MyLink.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

1. If window sticker and speaker covers do not say "Bose". No Bose.

Not really a big deal. Personally I have had both and not a Bose fan at all.

2. Only some Bose have subs

3. Check out the OEM addition of a Kicker sub. Sounds really good. Easy install.

And lastly. Pics are mandatory around here. :thumbs:

Bose is like a $500 option I think in the LTZ. It would be listed in the options section of your window sticker, not under standard features. But like Scott said, your front door speaker covers would say Bose on them if you have it. And you only get the Bose sub if you have Bose AND bucket seats with center console.

The Bose system is decent, but the non-Bose system is crappy.

1. If window sticker and speaker covers do not say "Bose". No Bose.

Not really a big deal. Personally I have had both and not a Bose fan at all.

2. Only some Bose have subs

3. Check out the OEM addition of a Kicker sub. Sounds really good. Easy install.

And lastly. Pics are mandatory around here. :thumbs:

Thanks for the info man. So I already have a sub and amp. Was going to get a box to fit under the seat. Thus, I will still need to figure out where to pull in the line level feeds for a converter. Also need to find a remote/accessory lead. I found a video on youtube that I think fits what your telling me about my truck. Its below:

As for pics...my bad...here ya go. Love the avatar by the way.

1_zpsxktghki2.jpg

2_zpsemwrddw5.jpg

3_zpsyxlmrwiw.jpg4_zpsj7ute5ge.jpg

5_zpsou0tl3sd.jpg

[/url]

So assume the head unit is not the issue, its the high/mid range on the door/dash speakers. Should be a simple upgrade since it's not bose and thus shouldn't have individual amplifiers on each speaker. Is that a correct assumption?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a good video, or directions on how to remove the dash speaker grills? I also have the non-bose system in my LTZ, it really does suck. The base isn't the problem, it is the total lack of quality sound. My base model Prius was 5 times better. Thanks

For 2015

UQA Bose Sound with 6 speaker system, (7 speaker system including subwoofer when ordered with bucket seats)

on 1LT - Requires (PCM) LT Convenience Package, (PDU) All Star Edition or (PEC) Rally 2 Edition.

on 2LT - Requires (PCM) LT Convenience Package or (PDU) All Star Edition.

on 1LZ - Included and only available with (PDF) LTZ Plus Package, (PDA) Texas Edition or (PEB) Sport. Required when (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (AN3) bucket seat are ordered and includes (NKC) Active Noise Cancellation.

on 2LZ - Included and only available with (PDF) LTZ Plus Package or (PCI) Custom Sport Plus. Required when (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (AN3) bucket seat are ordered and includes (NKC) Active Noise Cancellation.

UQA is standard on 3LZ (High country)

For 2015
UQA Bose Sound with 6 speaker system, (7 speaker system including subwoofer when ordered with bucket seats)
on 1LT - Requires (PCM) LT Convenience Package, (PDU) All Star Edition or (PEC) Rally 2 Edition.
on 2LT - Requires (PCM) LT Convenience Package or (PDU) All Star Edition.
on 3LZ - Included and only available with (PDF) LTZ Plus Package, (PDA) Texas Edition or (PEB) Sport. Required when (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (AN3) bucket seat are ordered and includes (NKC) Active Noise Cancellation.
on 4LZ - Included and only available with (PDF) LTZ Plus Package or (PCI) Custom Sport Plus. Required when (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (AN3) bucket seat are ordered and includes (NKC) Active Noise Cancellation.
UQA is standard on 3LZ (High country)

Did they change the naming conventions? I thought 1LZ was LTZ, 2LZ was LTZ Z71 and 3LZ was High Country. what is 4LZ?

You are correct. Same conventions. I screwed up when I edited. What I had copied had footnotes 1 thru 4, and I messed up when trying to change to codes.

They should be corrected it now.

(I can't edit your 'quoted' version.)

Thanks for catching it.

Archived