What are some options for blacked out headlights for an all terrain..

Who has blacked out there head lights I like the stock led strip and my light output with my hid kit but want a more sleek look with a smoked look... What are the options seen a few guys with wicked lights what did you do. Tint over them? Maybe cut them and painted them.

And on a side note I notice the denali and HD models seem to have a chrome ring in the fog light plastic case where could I but that? I really like the look of it but looked and not sure where to find a set...

Let's just see some cool headlight stuff

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'd open it and paint the chrome black. If you still aren't happy with how dark it is, then put some tint film on the lens. That way if you ever don't want them smoked, you can remove the tint and get full brightness back. If you paint the interior black and then smoke the lens, then you can get it to look darker while compromising performance much less

Get some replicas and get anything you want done to them, then sell the stocks. That way you'll never have to go without the truck

Also if you are gonna open the lights, its well worth it to get an FXR projector installed in place of the OEM projector. OEM projector sucks

That was in the build for my lights as well when I do it we were going to do blacked out fxr projectors and the demon eyes not cheap but would look killer but then I need cheap lights... Lol

Unfortunately if i get my headlight guy to do the black out for me I may also do demon eyes and id be down a week with no lights...

Borrow or rent a car.

Borrow or rent a car.

he should take the headlights off and leave them at the shop, then drive truck to dealer and say they just fell off :rollin: best part would be if they gave him new lights and a loaner for the time lol

Check out lamin-x. Its a thick tint for the headlights. I did my '14 silverado after leveling, instead of adjusting. I love the way it looks. Just my opinion.

you really should still adjust them. If not for other drivers then for yourself. If not then you'll see street signs better than you'll see the street.

you really should still adjust them. If not for other drivers then for yourself. If not then you'll see street signs better than you'll see the street. [/quote

Thanks, but I like the way the headlights shine now. I pretty sure the thread topic was about blacked out headlights, not where they are aimed.

Archived