In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Wittyy

Paint Chips on Painted Bumbers

What other brands are there, I foud someone one time that made a kit to do it yourself, they were precut.

I found the 3M brand stuff for the 1500, but its pretty steep in price. Over 400$ for the front end. Plus ill probably ruin it installing it.

Sorry to get off topic but what rims do you have?

They are Fuel Mavericks, 20x9 +20 offset

• Like 1

My front end kit cost $1100 installed and included the front painted bumper, the front parts of the fenders, about 22" of the hood, and the headlights.

It would have also included the mirror caps if they were painted and not chrome.

That was Xpel Ultimate

Edited by toro1966

I had a local installer, do my new truck right when I bought it. I wanted the 3M but they told me its not the best. By the look of their shop I wasnt gonna argue. They used self healing llumar film, it was 7mils vs 3Ms 5mils. They had a cutter that they put in the make/model and year of the truck, and it cut perfect forms in the film. 15K miles no rock chips.

Got the whole front end done with a 5 year warranty, thats what im talkin about! It was way worth it after my black silverado, I had the same problem, literally over 100 rock chips on the front end. NEVER AGAIN!!

The only place who does is locally is Ziebart. Anyone have good/bad about them? They use their own branded product which is why im leaning to try to do it myself with a reputable brand like 3M.

Said frig it, just ordered the 3M pro series bumper(2 piece). Gonna give it a whirl. Worst case I just wasted 165$. I've done worse lol. Will post pics when I get it on. Hoping it's as easy as I think it is. If so, I am going to order the grill, headlights, and hood strip.

Edited by GMC207

Mine has alot of chips....GM said it is normal road hazard. I may be swapping mine out for a chrome one. But will see if the 2016 will fit first.

Anyone know of xpel/other quality bra installers in the Northwest of Central Arkansas area?