Any reason to wait for Diablo InTune i2?

So after logging +-30 miles between last night and this morning I can already say, what a world of a difference. Keep in mind I have 3.08 gear ratio and I hate it. Well, I did hate it. After getting the tune installed, the driveability is SO much better. Shifting is drastically better than before, I do still have a weird 1-2 shift occasionally, but overall huge improvement. I increased RPM's in every gear by 100 so it holds gears a little longer and in my opinion, helped smooth out the shifts. Driving on the highway is very enjoyable now that AFM is shut off. Additionally the truck doesn't have to downshift every time I need to accelerate.

Needless to say, I have very pleased with the first impressions of the Diablo i2 device. There are more settings I want to play with and at some point I will have Lew custom tune it. I would say, if your on the fence about getting one of these, don't hesitate.

• 1 month later...

is it just me or I can only opt for 91 when I go do advanced tune with Diablo Flex Tune? The easy tune 91 and 93 are both greyed out and my wifi is greyed out too.

I have i2030, disabling DoD works etc.

What is CAGS??

Man, these acronyms sucks!

• 5 months later...

So after logging +-30 miles between last night and this morning I can already say, what a world of a difference. Keep in mind I have 3.08 gear ratio and I hate it. Well, I did hate it. After getting the tune installed, the driveability is SO much better. Shifting is drastically better than before, I do still have a weird 1-2 shift occasionally, but overall huge improvement. I increased RPM's in every gear by 100 so it holds gears a little longer and in my opinion, helped smooth out the shifts. Driving on the highway is very enjoyable now that AFM is shut off. Additionally the truck doesn't have to downshift every time I need to accelerate.

Needless to say, I have very pleased with the first impressions of the Diablo i2 device. There are more settings I want to play with and at some point I will have Lew custom tune it. I would say, if your on the fence about getting one of these, don't hesitate.

I know this is an old post. But just ordered me the Diablo I2. Did you notice better gas mileage when you used the preset tune on device? I am currently running 285/75/18s on my truck and have been getting roughly 12-13 mpg on highway.

I know this is an old post. But just ordered me the Diablo I2. Did you notice better gas mileage when you used the preset tune on device? I am currently running 285/75/18s on my truck and have been getting roughly 12-13 mpg on highway.

Just depends on what preset tune you're talking about. I would like to say all of them should help you out a little bit, but at the same time might hurt because it makes your truck more fun to drive. That being said, at least in my case, I am in the gas more with the tune than I was without it because it is much more fun. With my 33's and tune, I'm getting about 14-15 right now with a heavy foot. If I drive conservative, I will get 18ish.

Not sure if any of that helps, but I can tell you the tune is worth it regardless.

Just depends on what preset tune you're talking about. I would like to say all of them should help you out a little bit, but at the same time might hurt because it makes your truck more fun to drive. That being said, at least in my case, I am in the gas more with the tune than I was without it because it is much more fun. With my 33's and tune, I'm getting about 14-15 right now with a heavy foot. If I drive conservative, I will get 18ish.

Not sure if any of that helps, but I can tell you the tune is worth it regardless.

Awesome yeah it helps. I am looking for more Gas mileage, need to adjust speedo to tire size and want to definitely get rid of the AFM and adjust shift points a little.

Also clean truck!

• 3 months later...

Bringing up an old thread here. But I recently got the diablo intone i2. Right not Im using the advanced tune option and have my shifts increased to by 100 rpm, DoD turned off, throttle response increased by 15%, speed limiter off, and tire size changed for my 33's. For the people who are have the 6.2L 8spd, are you running anything else with the tune? Hopefully the TCM can be tuned soon for the 8spds.

My other question is what does the 91octane canned tune have that the advance tune doesn't? or is there a way to select the 91 octane tune as well as modifying the advanced tuning for a tune? or is the 91 octane canned tune just a canned tune of the advanced tune settings? So many questions, sorry haha. Just trying to figure out what exactly the canned tune is compared to the advanced tune.

TIA

• 5 months later...

I have a Diablo Intune I2030 for sale. I sold my 2014 Silverado. I returned the truck to stock so the tuner is unlocked and ready to use. $200.00 I bought it directly from Diablo for $359 at the beginnin of December 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuner came in mail today. added the mileage booster tune and adjusted the tire size for speed calibration. loving the Diablo tuner. Can already see a difference.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Is that mounted in your dash???

I've gotten rid of my own i2 already as well... they are too slow to update. Wouldn't work on my 17 when I bought it, haven't been back to look since I got rid of it... won't buy another anyways... slow is slow

Archived