Cold Air Intake for 2015 GM 1500 6.2L

stontr01

I just ordered a Cold Air Induction intake kit for my 6.2 I am not really expecting any power or mpg gains. I just want it because it looks cool.

The clear top and near chrome finish is killer. I have everything calculated out, if I swear off cigs and beer for 9 days I save enough to pay for it BAM no problem...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My .02

I went by the dyno results that Black Bear did, because thats not just an opinion. They do offer small gains as in 10hp or less according to the unbiased dyno tests( cant remember exact results) Im sure if you search this forum or Google you can find the results. With that said, it is a small gain but if a CAI is one piece of a performance puzzle then yes its beneficial. Is it worth the money, well thats a matter of personal opinion. To me it was because there are more hard parts going on my truck as well. Headers and tune will for sure help the performance as well, same as a regear which I plan very soon. I went with the MIT with stock box. It showed the same results as a full kit for less money. No reason to spend extra money for the same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 11 months later...
On 11/2/2016 at 7:26 AM, MrNasty said:

My .02

I went by the dyno results that Black Bear did, because thats not just an opinion. They do offer small gains as in 10hp or less according to the unbiased dyno tests( cant remember exact results) Im sure if you search this forum or Google you can find the results. With that said, it is a small gain but if a CAI is one piece of a performance puzzle then yes its beneficial. Is it worth the money, well thats a matter of personal opinion. To me it was because there are more hard parts going on my truck as well. Headers and tune will for sure help the performance as well, same as a regear which I plan very soon. I went with the MIT with stock box. It showed the same results as a full kit for less money. No reason to spend extra money for the same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone know what to search to find this thread? I tried "black bear tune cold air intake" and got nothing.

I'd like to read up on this as my current plan is to do a CAI (and maybe a Throttle Body Spacer too?) as well as the GM provided Borla exhaust (I'd love something more aggressive, but I've got a desk job now and my Titan's Banks exhaust used to set off car alarms...) now, and then once the 3/36k warranty runs out, look at doing headers and a custom tune.

Any thoughts on this approach?

On 11/2/2016 at 8:22 AM, Sean Neilan said:

The stock airboxes on these trucks already has more capacity than the engine. CAI literally does nothing for you (at least if everything else is stock)

It is completely untrue to say a CAI has no power gains. Infact these trucks have some of the best power gains I’ve ever seen from a CAI.

A stock 6.2 gained 25whp from a $400 cai.

I’m all ears if you can name another modification that makes 1whp/$16 that doesn't involve duct taping a bottle of nitrous to the air intake.

3 hours ago, youn1033 said:

Does anyone know what to search to find this thread? I tried "black bear tune cold air intake" and got nothing.

I'd like to read up on this as my current plan is to do a CAI (and maybe a Throttle Body Spacer too?) as well as the GM provided Borla exhaust (I'd love something more aggressive, but I've got a desk job now and my Titan's Banks exhaust used to set off car alarms...) now, and then once the 3/36k warranty runs out, look at doing headers and a custom tune.

Any thoughts on this approach?

http://blackbearperformance.com/IntakeTestResults_2016.asp

Archived