Gator or TruXedo Roll Up Tonneau

I need help deciding as I'm ordering online and this is my first truck so I've got zero experience with tonneau covers.

I've decided to go with a roll-up instead of a tri-fold because I want to be able to access my entire bed without having to remove anything. I just got rid of a wrangler and I spent way too much time putting the top up, down, Windows off/Windows on...etc. I'm looking for simplicity.

I also don't think I will need to access the bed all that often, but when I do, I'm typically going to need full access e.g. Putting my kayaks in the back. I take my kayaks a lot of places and don't want to have to remove a tri-fold to throw them in the back.

Searching on Amazon I think I've narrowed it down to these two, though I'm open to other suggestions if they are similarly priced. I'm not too worried about security either, so I don't need a hard cover.

These are the two I'm looking at:

TruXedo 271801 TruXport Tonneau Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CGGXRK6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_P-gewbGG7A5PX

(It looks like this might be the LoPro QT though the amazon listing isn't the best and it's hard to confirm - the info is conflicting)

OR:

Gator Roll Up Tonneau Cover 53109 Chevy/GMC Sierra 1500/Silverado 1500 2014-2015 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013USWIBW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_zbhewb8JQXP0Q

Any opinions are advice are welcomed. In case it matters, I am also planning on installing the BedRug full liner.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tonnopro lo-roll does look like a good option as well. I like the low profile look of that one. There aren't a lot of reviews on that one. How is the weather sealing? I want something that isn't going to let any water in.

The tonnopro lo-roll does look like a good option as well. I like the low profile look of that one. There aren't a lot of reviews on that one. How is the weather sealing? I want something that isn't going to let any water in.

Im sure that none of these soft covers are 100% water tight, but so far, mine has been jusr that. Not a drop that i can find

Btw, heres over 500 reviews: http://www.realtruck.com/tonnopro-loroll-tonneau-cover/

Thanks man. I actually just ordered the tonnopro lo roll. Thanks for suggesting it. I really like it. I found out the TruXedo on Amazon was NOT the QT, that one is $250 more. I really like the look of of the tonnopro and it had the most info out there. Can't wait to get this thing on my truck.

Combined with the bedrug I just ordered I'm gonna have a really nice setup.

Thanks coop. I appreciate that offer. I'm pretty pumped - looks like it should be here this week along with my Bedrug. I think it's going to make for a pretty sweet combo.

Archived