In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hi, I'm looking for a first gen canyon/Colorado for my brother. Are there any COMMON problems with the 2.9L engines I should worry about, any general issues with the trucks to watch for, (please don't respond with a "my engine blew up at 6500rpm with no oil at 350,000 km" stories just actual common issues). I have done a couple googlings but not much found in the way of a list of things, if you know a list post em here!

Thanks a lot from me and my brother

• 2 weeks later...

We've had a couple trucks with exhaust manifolds that cracked at the dealer. They have a 10 year/120,000 mile special coverage on it for 2009-2010 model year. A couple came apart for misfires, both got cylinder heads. Other than that, pretty quiet and solid little powertrain. Sorry I don't have any first hand experience with them (owning or driving). Wish I could help more...

Edited by 15HDriver
  • 4 years later...