K2XX 5.3L Pic Request - Flex Fuel sensor mounted on the frame

Tonight or tomorrow I will be installing the flex fuel sensor used on the K2XX trucks on my 2014 K2XX with the 6.2L. I was hoping someone with a 5.3L and flex fuel could slide under there truck and take a picture of the sensor mounted on the frame and the connectors on each end that go to the fuel lines. I stopped by my local dealer today and they didn't have a single flex fuel truck on the their lot that I could look at for reference. Thanks in advance guys!

I am assuming you are going to convert your 6.2 to flex fuel by adding the sensor and a custom tune? I'm surprised there isn't more information on this forum about that.

Flex fuel Sensor part number 13577429?

I will too watch this thread...

• Like 1

I am assuming you are going to convert your 6.2 to flex fuel by adding the sensor and a custom tune? I'm surprised there isn't more information on this forum about that.

Flex fuel Sensor part number 13577429?

I will too watch this thread...

Yes that is correct. You just need to be careful when you order that part number. It looks like GM also used that part number on earlier version of the sensor that is a different design.

What you want....

F60482092.jpg

What you don't want...

GM13577379.png

I'm assuming there is no harness to plug into just waiting for us, something will need to be hard wired?

Your assumptions are wrong. There is a plug waiting and holes pre drilled on the frame as well. The biggest deal is tapping into the fuel lines and of course getting a tune.

• Like 1

Your assumptions are wrong. There is a plug waiting and holes pre drilled on the frame as well. The biggest deal is tapping into the fuel lines and of course getting a tune.

You have a pic of this?

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

Ty Sir.

Here are two pictures for your reference. Both pictures were taken while i was underneath the truck from the passanger side. So the parts your looking at are located on the drivers side, on the inside of the frame. If you look about 1 to 2 o'clock of the plug you'll see three holes on the frame. That is where the sensor mounts.

df98f61605ac2e3901dd7df34906efb5.jpg

ffb0471f243270ee50b046174ccb9b5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You'll be good to go. I did this mod as well, still working on the tuning aspect of it with BBP but plumbing the sensor in and hooking it up is a piece of cake! As far as the rest of the fuel system thing.....it's all identical between FFV or non FFV so no worries there!

• Like 4

You'll be good to go. I did this mod as well, still working on the tuning aspect of it with BBP but plumbing the sensor in and hooking it up is a piece of cake! As far as the rest of the fuel system thing.....it's all identical between FFV or non FFV so no worries there!

Can I request pics of your plumbing?

• Like 1