I got to join the broken windshield club...

Spoke with the companies insurance company yesterday, while they understand the issue they are saying the trucking company is swearing they cleaned their truck and I have no way to prove the rock was from their truck. Guy was nice about it and knows the position it puts me in that litigation may result. While the insurance company can deny the claim that doesn't mean the courts will side with them.

So I am weighing my options as of now, it is not the money it is the principle at this point.

Dealership got the new glass in for me, I went with Safelite just because I knew of the name. Dealership is putting in factory glass for under $500 compared to the $940 Safelite wanted.

Well that is a shitty situation. Wasn't the truck full or have some sort of load in it? If not, then maybe it was just a coincidence that that truck's tire kicked up a rock. If it was full, you would think that the timing could be figured out and prove that they didn't clean it. May take more effort than it is worth to fight it though.

I had a stone hit my windshield in the spring and left a nice big star, then two days later I had the defrost vent on blowing warm air on a cold rainy morning. The crack spidered out all over the place. Cost me $300 cdn to get replaced, they used NordGlass brand, it seems pretty nice. I don't know if it was from a truck in the opposing lane or something shot up from the guy ahead of me driving on the rumble strip on the side of the highway. You can definitely hear everything that hits the windshield and now I cringe every time

Why wouldn't you just let your insurance company deal with them?

Partly the principle of it, the other being I don't want the claim on my record. Since I live in Oklahoma and we get a lot of hail storms each year and I am at times required to be at work no matter how bad the weather makes it to where I want to keep the claim from my insurance company if at all possible as there is always a high possibility that I will have to file a hail claim each year.

Joys of being an imperative employee to keeping the electrical grid up and going for the central southwestern part of the USA.

Partly the principle of it, the other being I don't want the claim on my record. Since I live in Oklahoma and we get a lot of hail storms each year and I am at times required to be at work no matter how bad the weather makes it to where I want to keep the claim from my insurance company if at all possible as there is always a high possibility that I will have to file a hail claim each year.

Joys of being an imperative employee to keeping the electrical grid up and going for the central southwestern part of the USA.

Amen to that, I'm less important but we both know Winstar doesn't close lol

Edited by batman900

Problem will be when you go to small claims the judge plays golf with the company owner and you are screwed.

If police have the guy as hit as run you shouldn't be liable for the claim with your insurance co as you are not at fault and rates shouldn't go up, but I'm no expert.

I just know I pay insurance co. a ton of money so let them work for it, my time is more valuable and I don't need the aggravation.

• Like 1

Problem will be when you go to small claims the judge plays golf with the company owner and you are screwed.

If police have the guy as hit as run you shouldn't be liable for the claim with your insurance co as you are not at fault and rates shouldn't go up, but I'm no expert.

I just know I pay insurance co. a ton of money so let them work for it, my time is more valuable and I don't need the aggravation.

Good points....

I know it wont affect my rat4es, but it does go against my CLUE claim report which is something the insurance company can then use as a reason to up my rates or drop me. Grand scheme of things is in 4 weeks I will be on evenings, it costs $35 to file a small claim suit and I may just do that. $35 is worth it, but it also depends on what my agent suggests when I talk to him once I get the official word for the other guys insurance.