$1500 Private Offer Tips

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone gets one for GMC with an expiration later than 11/02 any day soon please let me know what you did to obtain it. If you get one and don't want it leave the page open and I'll be glad to send you my info! Just re-placed my 2016 order and want to have one by the time of delivery (so I have until mid December to find one).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone land a private offer since the new month (Nov) has started?

Not me. I haven't had one on either GMC or Chevy ever, and it sure isn't for lack of trying. Looks like last month was the month to buy? Been trying to snag one for awhile now, and starting to give up hope.

When I bought my 2014 back in September 2013, they mailed me several from August through November or December.

Haven't had any luck either. With these (which were easy to get), and the $3k off in rebates, it was actually cheaper to buy in October, before this "15% off" nonsense.

I'm thinking that it might have something to do with our zip codes for sure. I've tried both mine and my daughter's, and no dice. There are so many families that have a family member that either work for GM or are a GM supplier, so most are already getting some kind of discount already. I'm sure their site targets areas where less incentives are available?

She is ready to buy a 2015 Sierra or Silverado, but now the incentives are not nearly as good as they were over the last couple of months. Lots of 2015's on the lots still, but she is way too picky on the colors to wait too long. No reds, whites, blues, greens, browns. She likes the grays the best along with black. She said silver would be another she would consider. She likes the iridium/tungsten, but that is the color of my truck and she can't have one the same color as Dads. Wonder where she got so picky on colors? Think I'll plead the fifth!

She lives three hours away, so this sure isn't going to be easy. Not to mention a woman's right to change her mind about anything, at any given time. She definitely does not like the looks of the 2016's, so we need to get this done soon for sure.

Good luck, and keep us advised on whether anyone gets the offer to pop up!

Archived