In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

The dealership installed kits are a major scam because get this story. I had the dealership install my level kit, but at first they quoted me $650 with the alignment. I knew i was getting new tires sometime soon and figured I would get it taken care of then so i told them just put the kit on and drop the alignment. They then quoted me $300 which I thought was fair, but odd that all the other work cost $350. I didn't question and took the offer.

A few months went by before I got my new tires and I found out that discount tire doesn't do alignments so I figured what the hell I will bite the bullet and let the dealership do it at the first oil change.

So I take it in for the first oil change and they tell me right off the bat that my front end is way out of alignment, but because of the gm service package that comes with the first 30,000 miles of the truck its apart of the warranty work and will be done for free!

So I don't know if its just this particular dealership, a special at the time of me buying the truck or an all around gm thing, but it sounds like there ripping people off by offering a free alignment with an oil change.

If you situation is going to be anything like mine you might want to ask about the free alignment at first oil change and see about saving yourself $300.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you should be able to get it done for under $500 if you look around...maybe even under $400 installed. kit itself is only $150 and shouldn't take more that 2-3 hours tops to install. $650 sounds a li

Its " special " for the dealers pocket....lol

Got mine installed at Meineke for 1.5 hours of labor plus alignment. Think it was around 230 bucks. My dealer wanted over 700 which included the kit....they were charging 299 for the same procomp ki

I bought the Skyjacker 2" lift blocks from Jegs for the front, they were like $65

Then I got the lifetime special for the alignment at Firestone for $120 when I bought bigger tires. This way if I put it back to stock, lift it higher, or just want to get it aligned every time I get an oil change it doesn't cost me any extra.

Firestone wouldn't install the lift though - I had Midas do it for $80.

• Like 1

RC is not the only kit that requires zero modification to your truck parts. Please check again before making sales pitches. There are plenty of aftermarket kits that are high quality with great designs.

I used Top Gun Customz 2.5 kit and it is high quality. I didn't need the rear block and it was less expensive to buy their kit than RC. To each their own

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ummmmm, wtf is "to each their own"?

The Rough Country 2" leveling kit is a bottom spacer, no rear blocks, nothing mentioned about rear blocks with that kit.?

A front leveling kit has nothing to do with rear blocks so no, you don't need them, nobody does. That was mentioned in my specific setup, pay attention.

Sales pitches? I guess you're right, sales pitch for a product I don't even have on either truck. Again, read and pay attention.

In my post, I simply stated a fact. RC is the easiest leveling kit to install of the popular brands for the DIY people. It also costs less than the other top popular brands, another fact. No modification required for the bottom spacer kits, unlike most top spacer kits.

I don't know what you think you read but you don't need to try and defend what you used. There was also no mention of your brand, and no claim that it is not quality parts. Wherever you came up with that or what made you think that was said, I have no idea but you seem to have hurt feelings and there's no reason for that.

I made a post attempting to help the OP by telling him the easiest level kit to install on your own and to give him some options other than getting ripped off by a dealership.

But "to each their own" I guess, whatever that's about.

I'll post my experience installing leveling kits, I mean my "sales pitch" out there for anybody who may have difficulties understanding what they read...... The bottom spacer kit is very easy to install, no modifications required, truck can easily be returned to stock.

The popular brand bottom spacer kit costs less than popular brand top spacer kits. I don't sell leveling kits, lift kits, I don't sell anything but I guess this post is also a sales pitch, "to each their own" post to cry about.

Some people just get upset when you look out for another member and don't want them getting ripped off. If you're upset because you paid too much for your whatever brand kit you said, o well, that's your fault, to each their own remember.

Good luck with the kit you choose OP, hope it turns out well.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ummmmm, wtf is "to each their own"?

The Rough Country 2" leveling kit is a bottom spacer, no rear blocks, nothing mentioned about rear blocks with that kit.?

A front leveling kit has nothing to do with rear blocks so no, you don't need them, nobody does. That was mentioned in my specific setup, pay attention.

Sales pitches? I guess you're right, sales pitch for a product I don't even have on either truck. Again, read and pay attention.

In my post, I simply stated a fact. RC is the easiest leveling kit to install of the popular brands for the DIY people. It also costs less than the other top popular brands, another fact. No modification required for the bottom spacer kits, unlike most top spacer kits.

I don't know what you think you read but you don't need to try and defend what you used. There was also no mention of your brand, and no claim that it is not quality parts. Wherever you came up with that or what made you think that was said, I have no idea but you seem to have hurt feelings and there's no reason for that.

I made a post attempting to help the OP by telling him the easiest level kit to install on your own and to give him some options other than getting ripped off by a dealership.

But "to each their own" I guess, whatever that's about.

I'll post my experience installing leveling kits, I mean my "sales pitch" out there for anybody who may have difficulties understanding what they read...... The bottom spacer kit is very easy to install, no modifications required, truck can easily be returned to stock.

The popular brand bottom spacer kit costs less than popular brand top spacer kits. I don't sell leveling kits, lift kits, I don't sell anything but I guess this post is also a sales pitch, "to each their own" post to cry about.

Some people just get upset when you look out for another member and don't want them getting ripped off. If you're upset because you paid too much for your whatever brand kit you said, o well, that's your fault, to each their own remember.

Good luck with the kit you choose OP, hope it turns out well.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

You don't play well with others do you? There are other front strut spacer level kits that don't use a rear block, and from what I understood RC is not the cheapest nor the highest quality.

"To each their own" is a phrase meaning everybody is entitled to their own opinion. It is a very common saying around my neck of the woods and I'm sure many others on this site.

I was quoted $70 for the level kit, $90 for the install and $50 for the re alignment of my zone level kit by an aftermarket truck shop here in Michigan.

my local dealer is running a "special " the 2inch level kit for 625 installed .What is the upside \ downside to having this done I have a 15 ltz with the 20" wheels .The main function of the truck is to tow the boat so will this affect the handling while towing ?

I have a 2.25" Ready Lift. Got it done for $500.00 with the wheel alignment. This is in Canada where the kit costs way more than in the USA. People started high beaming me at night the same day so adjusting your lights is a must. Especially if you change your bulbs to the newer halogen Sylvania ZXE Silverstar. They have this blue coating and shine very white.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Just because a dealer installs the kit does not mean you are "OK" on your warranty. Unless they put something in writing saying that the would cover any and all suspension failures that are caused or or not caused by the level kit then a dealer installing it does not mean much.

Absolutely correct.

Are those 24s?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe 26's if not 24's?

Are those 24s?

26's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dealer told me that my warranty wouldn't be void. I don't know why they would lie about it.

It probably comes down to the dealership that's being used.

It shouldn't void the warranty.

Worst case return to stock and take it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dealer told me that my warranty wouldn't be void. I don't know why they would lie about it.

It probably comes down to the dealership that's being used.

As long as it makes you feel better but you are still voiding your warranty not matter what the dealer says. That is not to say said dealer won't fix items that may be damaged by the kit while it is under warranty. Don't get me wrong, I am not the warranty police, plan on leveling mine pretty soon but the truth is the truth.

The only guys that have a right to bitch about prices are us Canadians. I'm getting quoted $600 - $700 CDN including an alignment. But the dealer is matching any other shop around here.

Edited by soltys
  • Like 1