Anybody feel ripped off over all terrain tires?

Garykk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miss the bridgestone duellers that came on my 05, and the all terrains 08ish to 13, when the crappy sra's where out I will go back, ran two sets on my 05, first set got me 60k with good treadv left, traded in before even half worn on second set, and I tow alot so lots of jacknifing and I wasn't disciplined at rotations either

My 2015 All Terrain came with 22 inch Bridgestone Dueller AT's, and I just bought some 22inch OEM rims and Blizzack DM-V2's for the horrendous winters here in Canada, should be a tank..........hopefully.

I fought w GM cust care and the dealer about the SRAs not being AT for almost 3 months. I would have been happy with the Dullers. They made up lies that the AT tire upcharge was for 18" rims not tires even though it said tires on my window sticker. Then i said why did i pay for 18" rims in my all star and z71 specific 18" in my z71 package? She said the district rep and GM truck guy confirmed the upcharge was for rims not tires. Got sick of the runaround and lies (its what they count on you doing) so instead of wrapping my truck around a tree this winter i put 275/65 18 Cooper ATPs $800 otd sold sras for $300 and had a $70 rebate

Yeah don't expect the dealer to offer you better tires because the factory junk is subpar. I got $450 for my sra's selling privately with 500 miles on them and I have zero complaints there. The upcharge for the all terrains on the window sticker is funny but it is what it is. I am willing to bet a good 80% of people or more buying a new truck just run whatever it has on it for tires until they wear out so the people that do care are few and far between.

Sent from a potato

Keep in mind the SRAs are a good tire. Not junk at all. They are just not a winter tire. They are only an all-season.

That's probably a fair statement, but the complaint is around applying the phrase "all terrain" to them and then up-charging for an otherwise passenger all-season tire.

That's probably a fair statement, but the complaint is around applying the phrase "all terrain" to them and then up-charging for an otherwise passenger all-season tire.

That's and they are not worth a damn in desert situations....

The SRA's struggles are well documented on this forum. I agree, they are far from being a serviceable AT tire, rather a highway all season. My SRA's are shot at 28K miles and getting replaced this week with some Cooper Discoverer AT's.

The SRA's struggles are well documented on this forum. I agree, they are far from being a serviceable AT tire, rather a highway all season. My SRA's are shot at 28K miles and getting replaced this week with some Cooper Discoverer AT's.

That's what I am looking at, had a set on my Wrangler, great tire, Discount Tire has the Discover ATP for about $175 plus a $70 gift card

Me2, getting the ATP's tomorrow, and discount tire said they would give me between 75-100 for my SRA's pending their inspection. They're new so I expect 100 ?

Mike

I took mine to the tire store the day I bought it. Put new BFG KO2's and took the old ones off and sold them online. Got about $500 for the old ones and paid nearly a grand for the new ones. Best $500 option I put on the truck. Only wish is that I would have went a size or two bigger with a level kit.

Archived