Anybody feel ripped off over all terrain tires?

Garykk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I am looking at, had a set on my Wrangler, great tire, Discount Tire has the Discover ATP for about $175 plus a $70 gift card

Pep boys has a deal for buy 3 get 1 free. A set of four installed ran me $713 and an additional $70 rebate.

Here's my beef on what GM sells as an option for A/T tires. I have 20" stock wheels on my tuck, the OE tires, without upgrading are Continental Crosscontact's. On TireRack they cost $157.30 per tire, I "upgraded" to the A/T tires for a price from GM around of $200 for the upgrade to the Wrangler SR-A's. A tire which on TireRack costs $131.42. We're spending money to upgrade to a cheaper tire. That's what bugs the hell out of me!

Ok I want some opinions on a good AT tire that is passenger rated I would like. 275 70 18 but there all LT rated but one bf g rugged terrain and the reviews are not that great on them so I'm looking for a 265 70 18

Ok I want some opinions on a good AT tire that is passenger rated I would like. 275 70 18 but there all LT rated but one bf g rugged terrain and the reviews are not that great on them so I'm looking for a 265 70 18

Have you thought about a 285/65 or 275/65?

You can get the Grabber AT2, Hankook ATM, Bridgestone Revo 2, Firestone Destination AT, all in 265/70 18

If you have a discount tire near by you can get the cooper ATP with a P rating in a 275/65/18. The factory tire is 31.6 inches in diameter ant the 275/65/18 is 32.1 inches in diameter so it will raise your truck up .25 of an inch. I plan on going with the ATP in that size with a P rating as well as get a set of bilstein 5100's and set them at the 1.25 inch height to give me an overall 1.5 inches of new clearance in the front (I have also took off my air dam). I still don't know what the ATP weighs though and it could be just about as heavy as the LT tire. I don't go off road much in my personal truck, just want the off road look!

Have you thought about a 285/65 or 275/65?You can get the Grabber AT2, Hankook ATM, Bridgestone Revo 2, Firestone Destination AT, all in 265/70 18

i have had the Reno 2 there ok the 285 65 are all LT and the 275 65 are not as tall as the 265 70

Those of you upset over the SR-A tires...not only is the Z71 all terrain option now the Bridgestone Dueler RHS again (like 2007-2012) but...Duratracs are now available on LT and LTZ Z71!!

Here's my beef on what GM sells as an option for A/T tires. I have 20" stock wheels on my tuck, the OE tires, without upgrading are Continental Crosscontact's. On TireRack they cost $157.30 per tire, I "upgraded" to the A/T tires for a price from GM around of $200 for the upgrade to the Wrangler SR-A's. A tire which on TireRack costs $131.42. We're spending money to upgrade to a cheaper tire. That's what bugs the hell out of me!

Cheaper doesn't mean its worse necessarily...some price tires suck balls too...

• 4 weeks later...

I do at just 22 990 miles the SR-A have a 1/4 inch left of tread.

They slide all over the place now wet or dry even the front tires shuffle when turning.

I rotated them every oil change and they are always inflated properly.

I'm also not a heavy footed driver.

There is no way I'm going through winter with them in this condition so they get changed out early even with tread left.

New tires should be in this week we will see how Duratrac's hold up on it.

I got a call from GM the other day in regards to my complaint about being given all season tires instead of all terrain...was told they would be talking to my dealer. I asked why the dealer, they did not advertise the tires, GM did..oh well we'll see where this goes.

I did do a double check on the GM build site for 2015 GMC, clearly states 20" wheels with "all terrain tires". I made a copy of it just in case..

I was just at my dealership for an oil change, and decided to look at some of the new 2016 Sierra's. First thing I noticed were the different tires. Not only were the typical SR-A's on some of the trucks, but I found a couple trucks with General Grabbers and a couple with Bridgestone Duelers. I asked a guy at the dealer and he said thats how they were shipped to them, however, its a very generic label on the window sticker "all terrain" tire is all that is stated........little confused how I ended up with the "all-terrain" Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's....

My 15 z71 came with dueller a/t rh-s. I made sure that was on them. I am really happy with them. My 06 I put 2 sets on. I got 65,000 out of them. My friends Silverado's came with Goodyear's SRA's. They both hate them.

I got a call from GM the other day in regards to my complaint about being given all season tires instead of all terrain...was told they would be talking to my dealer. I asked why the dealer, they did not advertise the tires, GM did..oh well we'll see where this goes.

I did do a double check on the GM build site for 2015 GMC, clearly states 20" wheels with "all terrain tires". I made a copy of it just in case..

Going through this now. Have you had any luck?

Archived