In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

GM's Kansas City Plant Votes NO on New UAW Contract

post-139450-0-78601500-1446481595_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
11/02/2015

General Motors' Kansas City, KA plant union membership has voted no on the new contract that its UAW representation negotiated with General Motors. We detailed the contract in our recent story. In brief, the new contract did away with the old two-tier pay system established around the time that the U.S. taxpayers bailed out GM in 2009. The new contract also offered each member an $8,000 signing bonus, profit sharing bonus, and other bonuses. The Lansing Michigan plant voted yes for the contract, with 57% of the members voting yes.

The contract is still viable and many more plants will be voting shortly. For more details please see the Detroit Free Press story we used as a source for this report.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By lovecars
      https://www.gmupfitter.com:80/files/media/photo/661/2016_LD_FS_CK_PU_100915.pdf

Been trying to access it at gmupfitters.com since friday, apparently the site needs permissions to enter.
      I have the 2015 and 2017, for some reason the 2016 is not in my archives.

Anyone have a copy? 
      I would appreciate it.. 
    • By dvzzz
      Part # from GM site 84520923. Could not find answers to the questions about this Performance part from GM. So I am paying back to this forum with an unboxing of the filter to answer some of the questions.
      Is it a disposable filter? How often do you change it? Do you need to tune the truck to take advantage of this filter? Still to be answered in use:
      Are there any improvement (subjectively by feel and by mileage)? Will it improve anything including idle smoothness? Slightest change to the sound of the intake?  
      10X more expensive than stock filter is being put to test. I get that nobody in the right frame of mind would spend 10x on the drop-in filter but I did use my GM points. Let's see...

Paper manual that came with GM Performance Air Filter

• By Amir Yarkoni
      Hi im rebuilding an 86 5.7l small block
      dumped the old heads (warped one) installed 2 Vortec heads ,   the motor that will see MARINE use,  48' house boat 3Bowee try hull.
      my q is what is the purpose of the VALLEY COVERS in the engine ?
      there was a very rusty cover held by 3 bolts that connected to a central oil delivery "
      tube",    do I need it?   why is the cover used in the first place?  will its absence cause detrimental issues in the future? 
      ps .aluminum intake manifold is new   how do I make sure proper install   I got rigid plastic intake gaskets   new grade 8 bolts from  local supplyer keep snaping at 25 foot/pd setting  help!
    • By EDeller
      On Sunday March 8th I was driving my Sierra home from my parents-in law. I pulled out from a stop sign and was just getting up to speed when there was a loud bang followed by loss of power, Loud ticking noise,  vibrations and a sulfur smell coming from the exhaust. I knew this was lifters instantly as it Happened to me in August of 2018, a short 11,000 miles ago. So, I took it in to my dealer who ran diagnostics and gave me the news That I would need lifters replaced yet again. Unfortunately, my power train warranty ran out December of 2019, so they told me I would owe a balance of $2900+ tax. Of course I was very upset with this news as I would have imagined the dealer would talk to GM and get this issue sorted out.. I mean it was only a few months over a year and less than 11,000 miles since they replacedall of the lifters and the cam shaft. I contacted GM myself and over the course of the last week have been working with the dealer and trying to talk to someone at GM who could help. Finally I reached a “senior analyst” who is apparently the top tier of customer assistance and she told me there was absolutely nothing they can do and I am responsible for the entire bill. I insisted that GM must know about the issues this engine has By now and should acknowledge and help their clients, but she offered no help.

How can I trust this engine again? I have read many posts people have put on this forum alone with this issue of failing lifters. How can anyone be expected to pay this much for an issue that is derived likely from GMs design of the afm system? Especially after we pay $50,000+ for the truck to begin with! I do not pretend to be an Mechanical or financial expert,  but I feel I have been severely wronged in this situation. I have no choice but to eat this cost and sell the truck before the lifters have a chance to fail again.

I would suggest anyone doing research considering buying one of these trucks (I believe Sierra and Silverado 14-18 at least) that has the active fuel management system to rethink it. I would also go out on a limb and suggest my friends with 14-15 year Silverado and Sierras (with expired powertrain warranty’s) to consider selling them before the lifters fail on yours and you are stuck with a $3000-$5000 bill. Good luck all. 
    • By Agraham23
      2019 chevy 2500 midnight edition wheels for sale 8 lugs 600 miles on them. Asking 2,000 for them OBO