Who makes the nicest catch can kit??

I have the Saikou Michi dual can kit but have yet to install it. Mr Michi is a stand up guy and sent me another kit out of pocket because mine was stolen upon delivery without insurance from USPS even responding yet on reimbursement to him. It is a great kit and quality piece. All hand made to order. With looking at multiple designs, personally, I think Saikou Michi stuff is superior than the other designs.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/170204-official-saikou-michi-dual-oil-catch-can-review-model-s1-gm53-ds/?hl=saikou+michi

http://www.saikoumichi.com/

• Like 1

Holy crap! You paid $325 for this thing?!

imho, one of the best performing catch cans and certainly is one of the best looking - yep, it is a bit more than some of the others - I have an elite engineering can on my vette and it works well too....willing to pay more for the best looks tho, even under the hood.

20150905_171226.jpg

imho, one of the best performing catch cans and certainly is one of the best looking - yep, it is a bit more than some of the others - I have an elite engineering can on my vette and it works well too....willing to pay more for the best looks tho, even under the hood.

20150905_171226.jpg

That is a nice engine cover! And a gorgeous cai you have..

post-145646-0-01763300-1447475982_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silver ice 6.2
  • Like 1

SM has one of the better cans on the market. The ELite E2-X series is unequaled in effectiveness for today's GDI engines, but can't criticize the SM. Now take 99% of the other big brands and they are not worth installing no matter the cost IMHO, and anyone can test any can by installing the E2-X inline behind any other can and see what gets past the other cans, then do it in reverse to be fair and equal.

Really opens some eyes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 11/12/2015 at 11:32 PM, henrypbui said:

I have the Saikou Michi dual can kit but have yet to install it. Mr Michi is a stand up guy and sent me another kit out of pocket because mine was stolen upon delivery without insurance from USPS even responding yet on reimbursement to him. It is a great kit and quality piece. All hand made to order. With looking at multiple designs, personally, I think Saikou Michi stuff is superior than the other designs.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/170204-official-saikou-michi-dual-oil-catch-can-review-model-s1-gm53-ds/?hl=saikou+michi

http://www.saikoumichi.com/

I like the sound of a dual can instead of a clean side separator like elite's but there is only one port on the clean side so I'm confused what do you do with the other side? clean side pcv > catch can> intake tube leaves the other clean side just connected directly to the intake? 

3 hours ago, AllterrainX440 said:

I like the sound of a dual can instead of a clean side separator like elite's but there is only one port on the clean side so I'm confused what do you do with the other side? clean side pcv > catch can> intake tube leaves the other clean side just connected directly to the intake? 

Okay, on my RXP (and I’m not saying it’s the best or that you have to have it or that they provide absolute protection from anything) dual can set up its hooked up like this. The dual port can (bigger one in picture) has a dirty side line in (center port on can) then two clean out ports, one goes to the clean in barb on the intake manifold, the other to the air plenum (you can tap and install a barb just in front of the throttle body or go to the intake port on the plenum on the passenger side) and that accounts for all three ports in the can...center for dirty in and the two outside ports are clean out. Now the small can, it takes the place of the older CSS that used to fit into the stock oil cap, actually replaced the stock oil cap. It then ran to the air plenum intake port on the drivers side. With the small can you tap off the valve cover bridge line, into the top of the small can, the side port on the small can is then routed to the same port the older CSS did on the air plenum port on the drivers side.

EABF3FB7-08A9-4C22-8B1B-8089F60CF524.jpeg

7CCD529C-BCC0-4F65-9557-E2B7A13E37FD.jpeg

Edited by SS502

UPR can here. Very nice can as well and quality finish and pieces. As for how well it works, well it caught a lot of stuff already so it’s done something. I also have the Elite CSS. Any of these you will be happy with. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

I'm deciding between UPR and Elite. Lots of comments on Elite here, can anyone speak to the UPR cans?

You can’t go wrong with either of them, both really good. If I was deciding between the two, I’d probably go with UPR, their hoses and fittings are really nice. I run a UPR valve cover bridge line with my RXP system. 

20 hours ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

I'm deciding between UPR and Elite. Lots of comments on Elite here, can anyone speak to the UPR cans?

I went with the UPR for four reasons:

- Less expensive shipped (and discount codes are easily found online to reduce the price further)

- OEM fittings, unlike the crap Elite was using.  They are now offering OEM fittings, according to a recent Elite post

- Better quality lines than Elite uses

- I liked the design of the mount for the can better on the UPR

I actually couldn't find a reason to go with the Elite over the UPR once I really started looking into them.

• Like 1