In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Ha! I didn't even notice. I did my part, it seems to be doing its part. It seems to have killed the noise those pieces made when going over rough on ramps around here and music that has a little bump to it.

I think these trucks should have came with a few rolls of misc. foam tape! I also had a nasty gas pedal squeak last year when the weather turned cold. Dealership had to take the gas pedal apart from the mount and put foam in it to stop the squeak!

Could be the black plastic piece that goes around the top of the door. This is where mine was popping you can pull out on the plastic and stick foam weather stripping between the plastic and the metal of the door I used 3/16 inch thick and cut strips about 1 1/2 inches long and placed them about ever 3 inches apart and stopped mine from popping. The drivers door was the only one popping and did it from day one every time you hit bumps.

Did the fix that Southern Sierra posted above and it seems to have worked for me. The popping sound was near non existent in the summer but colder weather made it come and go. Stuffed some 1/8 inch thick foam all around the plastic and now no more popping. GM should have put a foam backing on this trim part but I am sure it saved them a few cents per truck.

Do you have any pics of what plastic trim you are talking about? My passengers side is still occasionally making a noise and I believe it to be this.

Something that is about to drive me insane is the plastic area by the rear view mirror where the lights and sunglasses are. Mine has a constant rattle and its really bugging me out while I'm driving. Now that I know its there even if I have the radio turned all the way up I swear I can still hear it. Ha. I have got to figure out how to make it stop!

Ford has used small strips of self adhesive felt under the trim pieces of their trucks for years. I recently took some dahs pieces apart on a 1997 F350 and it had those felt pieces stuck under the screw mounting locations. I am sure this is good way to prevent future rattles and squeaks.

Something that is about to drive me insane is the plastic area by the rear view mirror where the lights and sunglasses are. Mine has a constant rattle and its really bugging me out while I'm driving. Now that I know its there even if I have the radio turned all the way up I swear I can still hear it. Ha. I have got to figure out how to make it stop!

The thread TNChevy is referring to says that there is a black piece inside the sunglass holder that is making noise. Most people have just pulled it out and the rattle goes away.

Noises can be difficult to troubleshoot. I had several noises coming from the passenger area. I asked my wife to drive it every time we went somewhere so I could diagnose in the passenger seat.

• sun glass holder - the little black tab on the right side - electrical tape jammed in the hole fixed that
  • Passenger AC vent - I was able to tap on the top of the dash and hear the rattle, like a box of Tic-Tacs in the passenger AC vent - Rem.oved the vent bezel, inserted a small piece of fabric where the vertical air door hinge is located. Problem solved.
  • About 3 other noises to troubleshoot! Gotta take them one at a time.

GM doesn't seem to use any felt tape where plastic meets plastic or metal. This is a simple step. Oh and my the way, the vent ass'y is made in China. Global economy means just that. I find the trim pieces are extremely well made for injection molded plastic parts. If they would only take the simple step of using felt tape. The truck is very quiet when not moving. I think all the double sealed doors and sound insulation makes it so quiet that you hear other plastic pieces rattling that one wouldn't normally hear.

Link to the thread.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/163572-dash-rattle-solved/?hl=rattle