Requesting N Fab nerf bar pics.

racetrk

54ae9d5af3bfadb0c655f14387c6235d.jpg59c07878e46088d63b992b9197855af0.jpg

I really like the way they look. However, they've been on the truck for about 3 months and have already noticed that the welds for the hoops on the bar have begun to rust. I will be requesting new ones when the weather clears up for good.

I bought the textured ones and after one winter they rusted around all the welds. I didnt order directly from N-Fab so I called the company I bought them from and they wanted to charge me 150 bucks for shipping on both trips. Thats almost the cost of new ones so Im gonna have them sand blasted and either powder coated or bed liner sprayed on them. I like them better than any other step bars but the paint/coating quality is subject.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. I just noticed I was so busy looking at the pictures I didn't realize that was question had already been answered. I can't believe they rusted so quick. We shouldn't have to figure out a way to correct a factory problem less than a year after purchase. I have seen a pair or two around here, and they were all rusted to crap. Since I was driving each time I couldn't tell if they were N-Fab or not.

I've been having this same debate with myself; gloss or textured. It seems people are saying the gloss is not slippery like I expected, so that's what I'm leaning towards, especially if the textured ones are rusting after 3 months...

Are the gloss bars having rust issues also?

So the N-Fab website says the polished black is a powdercoat. They also say they have a 5 year warranty. So in order to warranty we would have to pay to ship them back every year after winter? If I get some time Monday I will call them.

the rusting weld reports is disappointing to see. I was going to order a set this week. I wonder if having them sprayed with Line X would fix that issue?

Put mine on back in September and after one winter all the welds are rusting I purchased the black powder coat ones. Thinking of taking them off and selling them then try the polished stainless ones since I have the appearance package. Makes me upset to buy something then 5 months later have issues. Guess companies don't care as long as they are making money

Put mine on back in September and after one winter all the welds are rusting I purchased the black powder coat ones. Thinking of taking them off and selling them then try the polished stainless ones since I have the appearance package. Makes me upset to buy something then 5 months later have issues. Guess companies don't care as long as they are making money

I hate to hear this. In today's day and age they should be able to make a product that lasts. These are the only ones I have found that I like too.

Called Nfab. They admitted that they will rust. They did say that they will stand behind them for the warranty period. I asked about shipping costs. They said you might pay more at a local shop, but it's worth it to return them as needed. I'm now considering their stainless steel ones. I really didn't want any more shine on the truck, but they might blend with my door handles, wheels and window trim. I might just have to sacrifice the black ones. Plus the ss ones have a lifetime warranty. Anybody have pics of the ss ones installed?

So they know they rust, aren't fixing that problem, yet willing to send out replacements to anyone who asks, and after the warranty peiod if a know issue, you're just outta luck?

Sounds like piss poor management if you ask me. Good luck guys!!

Archived