Comparison between standard DL8 and S4O/DPN Towing Mirrors

I've been told 23372181 is the part number for 2016's. No auto-dim or power-fold but I can survive without either. I tint the windows so auto-dim really isn't useful. And the aren't excessively expensive installed.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2014 CC Silverado LTZ with power folding heated standard mirrors. I want to replace with the Towing mirror but want to keep the power folding option.

I am nervous about buying these parts. I spoke to the parts manager at my dealer ,who called Chevy with my VIN.

Chevy told him there are no parts available to make it work on my truck. He will sell my the parts list in this thread but insists it will not work.

I do not understand why this is so complicated. To my way of think it should be as simple as unplugging the old and plugging in the new.

But I do not have an engineering degree.

This thread is a comparison between the stock and optional mirrors available for our trucks. Although I would far rather have the towing mirrors as celebrated here, I wish to comment on the stock mirrors. Bottom of the line pickups many years ago came with car type mirrors. A popular upgrade was the "west coast" mirrors resembling those found on big rigs. The supporting bars were excellent for hanging onto with your arm out the window! For the past several years, the stock factory mirrors have been a good balance of providing front and rear view properties. The larger mirrors are a must when pulling trailers but there is a tradeoff of a more restricted forward field of vision. The larger mirrors also attract more people walking into them in tight parking spaces! This is a great upgrade but it doesn't come without tradeoffs.

The 'walking into them problem' is a good reason for the power fold version..

I use it whenever it's parked in a crowded location.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a dealer bulletin/chart/table that lists what is required regarding harness and programming to do conversions and what features will work when done.

Got a link or a PDF?

I am nervous about buying these parts. I spoke to the parts manager at my dealer ,who called Chevy with my VIN.

Chevy told him there are no parts available to make it work on my truck. He will sell my the parts list in this thread but insists it will not work.

I do not understand why this is so complicated. To my way of think it should be as simple as unplugging the old and plugging in the new.

But I do not have an engineering degree.

My thoughts exactly! I've been researching this all week.

Thank you sir. Sorry to be a late-comer to the conversation and have you guys rehashing discussion you've already had...I swapped the mirrors on my 03 1500 and that was simple as pie. This...holy cow.

Got a link or a PDF?

My thoughts exactly! I've been researching this all week.

A copy of GM's bulletin has been posted on this forum -- sorry I don't recall who posted it.

The parts department at my dealer pulled it up on the screen and used it to quote the parts required to change a 2015 SLT over to tow mirrors.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/18/2019 at 8:56 PM, maintecthree said:

Has anyone replaced DL8 with DPN on a 2018 2500 Hd?

@Pgamboa Is going to be the guy to talk to.  I believe you will need a new harness.

Let me know if you need a pair of DPN mirrors.  I upgraded my '18 2500 from DPN to DQS and still have the takeoff DPN mirrors, only had them on for 50 miles.