Leather wrapped shifter swap?

No, I got mine off eBay...see post #11...they are showing out of stock. I didn't need a VIN...another forum member posted the part number they used from a 2014 Escalade, although some sites say that this part number fits a 2014 or 2015. It is GM part number 22857352; I got it from a GM dealer in Iowa who sells on eBay.

One of my buddy works at a local parts warehouse now, I have asked him to order one up for me at cost with the denali listed earlier. Time to wait! :)

• 2 months later...

That is a great idea.

I have the Coco Dune interior anyone know if they make it in the Coco Dune brown or the High Country brown leather?

PN for the brown?

I want to say I've seen the brown wrapped ones in the LTZ Suburbans

• 6 months later...

just out of curiosity whats the upgrade here? is there a shifter that isn't leather wrapped?

The SLE, SLT, LT, and LTZ come with a "rubber" grip on the end of the shifter. The Sierra Denali and the Escalades come with a leather tip. This is what they are trying to put on.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I just performed this upgrade on my 2017 SLT with the 6 speed trans. using GM part number 22857352. Wholesale cost of $69. I was able to get this done in 20 minutes, and without removing the steering column shrouds. Mine has the tilt/telescoping column. I did have to remove the large panel under the column to access the connector at the base of the column. A T-30 Torx bit, used with a 1/4" ratchet removed the lever screw, which is a tight fit, and is fully Locktited from the factory. As stated before, I kinda wish the tip of the lever was chromed as with the GMT-900's, but it is far nicer than the base lever. It's the small details that add up.

Any way to grab a good picture? I can't seem to Find any that really show off the leather.

I don't know if this is the one that he used but here is a brown leather one from an Escalade:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22857353-Shift-Lever-w-Brown-Leather-2015-16-Escalade-Yukon-Tahoe-Suburban-/222613617437?epid=658169937&hash=item33d4ce3b1d:g:EF0AAOSwyNNZkhsj&vxp=mtr

I saw that one, but the pic isn't very good. Still hard to tell the difference.

The section between the "+/-" button and the end of the stalk is cocoa leather that is hand-stitched instead of just the hard black plastic like the standard one. All the buttons work the same (still has Tow/Haul on the end).