Leather wrapped shifter swap?

Am buyin...thanks for the link!

Edited by country_09

• 1 month later...

It's been tried, and the switches do not interchange. The handle will bolt up, but the transmission will not shift with the GMT900 lever. I've been contemplating getting a chrome handle and see if I can use the tip on the correct handle.

• 4 months later...

Anyone install the leather wrapped shifter on an 8 speed? Doesn’t matter if I buy a Yukon leather wrapped shifter vs a Denali truck shifter?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-OEM-USED-2017-GMC-YUKON-SHIFT-LEVER-26113791-/322454336575?hash=item4b13c6b43f:g:lYAAAOSwuLZYytXZ&vxp=mtr

• 1 month later...

When I look on GMPARTSDIRECT it shows that the part# 22857352 comes with the Chevy LTZ or GMC Denali trim.  I have an LTZ but no leather shifter so whats the deal there? Is this part# the leather one for sure?  It also shows that this number fits the cadillac as well so its probably leather but why would they say an LTZ should already have it? I bought the truck new so I don't think it was messed with.  Maybe it is some kind of appearance package...

• 8 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:27 AM, 2017SierraSLT said:

I just performed this upgrade on my 2017 SLT with the 6 speed trans. using GM part number 22857352. Wholesale cost of $69. I was able to get this done in 20 minutes, and without removing the steering column shrouds. Mine has the tilt/telescoping column. I did have to remove the large panel under the column to access the connector at the base of the column. A T-30 Torx bit, used with a 1/4" ratchet removed the lever screw, which is a tight fit, and is fully Locktited from the factory. As stated before, I kinda wish the tip of the lever was chromed as with the GMT-900's, but it is far nicer than the base lever. It's the small details that add up.

Do you recall how many wires on the leather column shifter? My 2018 8 speed has 4 wires, 2 white 2 black. I was about to order same part number but not sure if it will work with 8 speed.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - Installed leather Denali column shift lever part number 22857352. An eBay sell has it for $50 shipped. 

Install was easy. Shift into L to access T30 Torx bolt. Pull knee kick panel under steering wheel to access 4 wire (2 white 2 black) connection. 

This works fine with my 2018 and 8L90 transmission. L or M mode changes gears as intended and tow haul button works as well. 

The leather is nice and matches my steering wheel. This should have come factory with leather wrapped wheel. 

If your truck has a 4 wire connection for transmission column shift then the above part number should work. 

BCAB7CB7-7D2E-493F-92B3-5E81291CDF5B.jpeg