6" lift with 35's rubbing

So I have had my truck lifted for a few weeks now and not sure what to do about it rubbing when i reverse. I have just been really careful to not turn too sharp but sometimes I absolutely have too. Anyone else had this problem? The shop that installed it recommended I trim but just hate to do that unless theres no other option.

Edited by Fantombeats

What exactly is it rubbing on? My setup(while alot more mild), had rubbing on the liners only in reverse and i ended up drilling a few tiny holes in the liners and ziptieing them back and gained another 1". Hope that helps...

• Like 1

Here is where its rubbing, where the bottom screw is in the picture. Also rubs a little bit when i take big dips at an angle. Hope I get to take this thing off road one day. And the tires do not stick out too much, Maybe 1-1/2".

attachicon.gifIMG_0240-1.JPG

Well from the looks of it, its trim or go higher... I personally would trim, as u already are on a 6" lift. Im sure you could trim with a dremel, them sand and polish the rough edge left behind, and no one would be the wiser

Ok think i'm just gonna trim, Thanks for all the advice.

What lift did you go with? Can you do us a favor and check what your wheel width & offset are (specs are on the inside of wheel). Example 20x10 -24

I've noted mine is rubbing on the drivers side with the wheel cut full left and I go up or down a driveway! :wtf: I will see what the dealer has to say about it when I take it in for the first oil change. :dunno:

So I have had my truck lifted for a few weeks now and not sure what to do about it rubbing when i reverse. I have just been really careful to not turn too sharp but sometimes I absolutely have too. Anyone else had this problem? The shop that installed it recommended I trim but just hate to do that unless theres no other option.

Just have the shop that lifted the truck trim it. As long as they know what they are doing you won't even be able to tell anything was trimmed.

I've noted mine is rubbing on the drivers side with the wheel cut full left and I go up or down a driveway! :wtf: I will see what the dealer has to say about it when I take it in for the first oil change. :dunno:

All of the 6" Fabtech lift kits say you can fit a 20x9" wheel with 5" backspacing and 35x12.5R20 with minor trimming. So that'll be the answer you get if they even have an answer. In your case you be able to just cut the plastic corner piece and then zip tie the wheel liner back and be set.

I have a similar setup to you. 6 inch Fabtech with 35 tires. Coming in and out of the driveway is a slight rub, but it is not damaging just slight rubbing so I'll probably just live with it for now.

412010029.jpg

Mind did the same thing, just beat on that inner corner with a mallet or hammer, that will/should push it back far enough to get rid of the rubbing when you turn the wheels. If you want it to completely go away then you are gonna have to trim it up back there.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is where its rubbing, where the bottom screw is in the picture. Also rubs a little bit when i take big dips at an angle. Hope I get to take this thing off road one day. And the tires do not stick out too much, Maybe 1-1/2".

attachicon.gifIMG_0240-1.JPG

Mine looked exactly like that.

I trimmed the plastic and about 2"s of metal upwards 1" of metal backwards behind the plastic/screw. The reason i went so far back was that if i were ever in a situation in full lock and the struts fully compressed (not sure what type of situation that would be) the tires would still clear. I also had to zip tie the front liner. The rubbing wasnt as bad in the front but bothered me enough to do something about it. Ill take some pictures here in a little while.

Ive got the RC 6" lift with 35" tires (-13 offset) - and yes all of that info is important.