In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Aubie_01

Intellibeam headlight feature

I sent a message to spurshot about this. He said there are no electrical schematics available yet on GM Upfitter for 2015 or 2016 trucks. Since the headlights are so good on the 2016 trucks, I am going to wait for a while to see if someone finds a way to do it. I have found the Intellibeam works just short of perfectly. Really nice feature. Hope GM keeps it.

Yes. That was the first mod I did on my 2013 Sierra. Using a diode to jump #10 to #22. Come on Mod Guys. How do we keep our fog lights on with using Intellibeam?

Mine work great on rural roads . I just leave it in auto and it does a great job. In town it sometimes gets confused with all the lights or it may brightlight a car pulling out from a side road. The auto feature is easily turned on or off..

Any updates to the fog light on mod??

had no idea the 2016's do this... hhmm.... i drive with my fog's on all the time... so your saying with intellibeam, the fogs must be off......driving with hi beams, the lights dim on oncoming traffic?.. did i understand that right

58 minutes ago, Crstfr said:

had no idea the 2016's do this... hhmm.... i drive with my fog's on all the time... so your saying with intellibeam, the fogs must be off......driving with hi beams, the lights dim on oncoming traffic?.. did i understand that right

If you have the Intellibeam option, and it's enabled, they will dim when sensing nearby traffic.

If you have the fogs on, they will always stay on low beam, even if intellibeam would otherwise be turning on the high's.  

If you have fogs on, intellibeam treats this as an instruction to leave highs off.  

RPO is TQ5    Headlight, IntelliBeam, automatic high beam on/off
for 16/17/18 - Included and only available with (Y86) Enhanced Driver Alert Package. 

(for 2019's it is  - Included and only available with (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II.)