Prior to your new Sierra/Silverado, what were you driving?

What were the biggest habits you had to change?

Coming from a 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS:

• This thing is enormous
  • The gas tank doesn't come close to filling up for the same dollar amount :nono:
  • I can see everyone and everyone can see me (window tint will fix that right up :cool: )
  • I have to leave for work a little earlier, as I can't weave in and out of traffic at will :driving:
  • The "real adult" capable backseat is a huge change. It feels strange not being able to have the copout excuse of "you won't fit back there" when family members want to tag along :crackup:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a 2004 Silverado 1500 V6 2WD, long bed work truck

- Went from a 30gallon tank to current tank

- Gain a lot of cab space, but still trying to get use to the small bed size

- Sit higher with the new truck and 4WD

- Actually get compliments on my new truck compared to my old one

- Like my truck so much that I always want to be cleaning it

93 Honda Del Sol. 40 mpg. AC worked awesome. Heat worked awesome. I hit a deer and it totalled it. Sad day to me. Great little car.

Truck is great to. Currently my drive is only 35 miles one way so mpg is still no problem. I'm getting 24mpg. Much nicer, smoother, quiter, more comfortable ride.

2011 BMW 328i xdrive 6 speed manual, sport package. Very different vehicle. so far a little indifferent as this is my first truck as a primary driver. (Had an 05 v6 work truck 4x4 short bed regular cab that I could literally see rusting if I watched it long enough) MILES better than that for sure.

2012 Range Rover Evoque Coupe. Notable changes: having 4 doors again & parking. My truck has a 6 inch lift by Fabtech & it won't fit in my garage or most parking garages.

I drove a 2001 Frrd F150 SuperCrew with almost 200k miles when I traded it in,

Never had an issue with the engine but the tranny was on its third overhaul.

This truck is a bit longer with the standard bed, has more options and the gas mileage is much better so I am very happy.

Sierra's since 1989.

S15 before that.

Camaro before that.

Some had the Duramax.

Max torque was about double what gassers have and it is available at highway cruising speed without needing to downshift.

2004 Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3l

Sierra Improvements:

-Ride improved slightly, and the Sierra has no road noise.

-Fuel mileage from 17 best to 22

-Horsepower

-Sticker price!

The increased wheelbase will take a little to get used to(parking) but not a big deal. Never gave a thought that the truck would be longer than a Suburban. No regrets though, the 6.5' bed is useful.

Overall happy with my purchase, next time I'll consider the SLT package.

1998 Dodge Durango since new. From '05-'09, I drove an '05 2500 Duramax 4x4 CC. We had a fifth wheel RV and kids drove the Durango. Traded the RV for a motor home and went back to Durango.

Biggest change is I can again carry lumber, large plants, furniture, etc without using my utility trailer.

Ive always had cars as my primary vehicles, and i had a 1994 f-150 long bed, rust bucket, beater as my "home-depot-mobile". Which i gotta say, was ugly as sin, but ran like a champ with a 5.0. After moving into our new house last year, i decided to sell the ole tank and trade my 2009 accord coupe to consolidate 2 into one.

I loved my little honda. It was lowered 2" so it handeled awesome, and was a 5 speed manual so it was just a fun car to drive. But it was time to grow up lol. It was a bittersweet day when i picked up my new silvy... Getting rid of my accord was the first time i ever got rid of a primary vehicle that had absolutely nothing wrong with it. I had it for 4 years and the only things i ever had to do was replace the battery and brake pads. Cant say enough good things about it.

Needless to say, going from that to my crew cab 5.3, was completely different.

+ the truck vs accord:

- More room inside and out

- More power

- More comfortable ride

- More features

Things i miss:

- gas mileage (30ish in the accord)

- fun factor

- Easier PARKING ABILITY

BUT So far the truck wins, hands down and would do it all over again. Just took a little getting used to.

Anyhow heres a pic from purchase day. Out with the old, in with the new

20150908_151051-1.jpg

Archived