Prior to your new Sierra/Silverado, what were you driving?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a 05 Gto that was my toy for shy of 10 years everything had been upgraded except for the body panels and steering rack. It was my daily for 8+ of those years. I retired it from daily duty and got a 2013 Mazdaspeed3. That only lasted for a year until I got the truck. Traded in the speed for the truck. I sold the Gto around the same time and almost 1.5 years later I kick myself in the ass for selling it.

I had 2 pos 2014 Honda crvs.one was a dealer buy back. Both had the infamous vtc cold start rattle Honda said there's "no fix". Good riddance! I've also had ford trucks in the past, and they were solid, but my first two full size were 88 and 89 Silverados, so I've come back to my roots with my 15. So far i love it.

Honestly, i don't feel honda and toyota have the quality advantage they once had in the 90s. I feel that ford and Chevrolet are just as good now. All have pros and cons.

I disagree with you on the Toyotas. My hubby has a 12 Camry XLE that is a beauty. He has 72,000 miles on it. Only thing that he has had an issue was a recall on the airbag. Ironically we switched vehicles so that I could take his car into the dealer while he took my van to work. That was the last trip for my van. I bought my new truck 2 days later.

Me and my father just bought two 2016 Silverado Z71s today. He was like a little kid.

I came from a 2013 Honda Civic SI & my father came from a POS 2004 Silverado 1500 WT.

That is awesome man!! I bet y'all had a blast!

I had two 9th gen Si's, fun little cars but very slow. Pretty sure my 5.3L is faster, in a straight line that is.

I came from a 2003 maxima that I had threw an exhaust, intake, stereo blablabla into ...yes I went thru a ricer stage. Sold it after 11yrs and drove my wife's 2009 Subaru forester. That thing was a beast in the snow..honestly it was a great vehicle. I've gone thru a 79 Malibu all done up for my first car, a 84 gran Prix, another 79 Malibu, 86 Monte. Just got the 15 1500 Lt 4x4 a month a go and love it. But my true love is my current 79 malibu

8f767ea3b179e298c594b92083c68f7a.jpg

211475988d34658f9dd726b38017e62b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2012 Mazda 3. Not a bad little car for the 65 km drive each way to work. Manual trans was fun to drive. Then I moved alot closer to work and buying a truck was doable. Not much I really miss about the car, it was pretty plain. Tons of features in the truck ('15 LTZ Midnight Edition) that I love. Funny thing is, 120km per day in the car or 25km per day in the truck...not much difference in fuel use.

My very first vehicle was a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 which I got in 2005. Next was a 2008 Lexus IS 350. It was rear wheel drive and I kind of miss the car but it was not practical. Next was a 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ which I traded in for a 2015 Sierra SLT earlier this year.

I had a 13 Silverado 2500 HD with the duramax. Traded because I didn't need that much towing capacity and it was pretty basic in the options department. It was a phenomenal truck but I didn't feel it was a practical daily driver. Bought a 15 Sierra AT and initially thought I made the right choice but boy was I wrong.

Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel. I've had trucks most of my life so there was no adjustment but I miss the little diesel. It was a smooth powerful little car that sometimes got 50 plus mpg

2011 Honda Civic Si Coupe. Coupe to a crew cab is a huge difference! That little car served me well though, when I traded her in she had more than 70K miles. Only problems I ever had with that car I created myself.

2002 Silverado 2500HD CCSB 4x4, Duramax diesel. It had a small amount of mods (tuner, CAI), so I really miss the power. I averaged 19 mpg over the 130,000 miles I owned it. New truck obviously much quieter, rides better and has a few more features. If the 2002 wasn't ready to have another $4k set of head gaskets, I'd have kept it.

Archived