Prior to your new Sierra/Silverado, what were you driving?

I had a 2005 Saab 92x. Which is basically a subaru impreza.... Saabaru

Now I have a 2015 LTZ silverado.

The only thing I don't love is parking it. Haha it will take time I suppose.

With rear camera and reverse-tilt mirrors, you can back that baby anywhere.

Now the semi-truck turn radius, that's a different story. There WILL be some multi-point turns.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is awesome man!! I bet y'all had a blast!

I had two 9th gen Si's, fun little cars but very slow. Pretty sure my 5.3L is faster, in a straight line that is.

That Si would have never given me a problem. I could've owned it for another 10 years probably. I just HATED the clutch. I could feel every single vibration through it and it was JUNK when the AC was turned on. It either had REV HANG in the winter and extreme RPM drops in the summer (while AC being used). Other wise, it was a tank, no actual problems.

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams

Radflo 2.5" front coilovers, 2"rear shocks, Metal Tech Sliders, Demello Offroad bumper, Stealth Custom Series wheels - 16x8, 295/75 BFG AT, Bajarack roof rack, Baja Designs light bar... Im sure theres more that Im missing but thats about it. Very solid vehicle, never had an issue at all. Only problem was incredible lack of interior space, and they're super underpowered for being a 2.5+ ton brick.

23887273760_0e58440bea_z.jpgFJ Cruiser by Dustin Wince, on Flickr

Yeah if I ever went down the SUV road again it would be a 4Runner, same thing mechanically, but the interior is much nicer, more spacious, and you can actually see out of the windows.

2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - great truck, had it for 8 years and it never gave me a problem. I just wanted something different and with more interior space.

Sierra compared to Tacoma:

Pros: Very spacious

Pulls trailers with ease

Ride is extremely smooth

Cons: Bigger gas tank, gets 5-6 mpg less

4 cylinder shutdown sucks, feels like my transmission will go out after 2 years

Sierra is definitely slower than the Tacoma

2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - great truck, had it for 8 years and it never gave me a problem. I just wanted something different and with more interior space.

Sierra compared to Tacoma:

Pros: Very spacious

Pulls trailers with ease

Ride is extremely smooth

Cons: Bigger gas tank, gets 5-6 mpg less

4 cylinder shutdown sucks, feels like my transmission will go out after 2 years

Sierra is definitely slower than the Tacoma

I'm surprised to see you getting less gas mileage, my Silverado gets 4-5 mpg highway better than my 2008 Tacoma did and about the same in the city.

I'm surprised to see you getting less gas mileage, my Silverado gets 4-5 mpg highway better than my 2008 Tacoma did and about the same in the city.

Well the gas mileage I was basing on city mpg because all I do in my truck is city driving. My Tacoma got around 16 city and my sierra is getting about 12-13. I did delete the 4 cylinder shutdown so that made it drop from 13.5 to 12.5 average mpg but I rather sacrifice 1 mpg instead of my truck sounding like garbage (I put flowmaster exhaust on) and stop the truck from lagging from v4 to v8.

BTW, I have the 5.3L engine. I didn't mention that in my first post.

Came from a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport.

Gas was better on the truck

Spacious interior

QUIET

More handy and functional

Never got and never would've had time to take the Jeep off roading

Got a great deal on the truck since I work as a technician and great trade in value.

V09z2Pf.jpg

V09z2Pf.jpg

post-145545-0-17404200-1452026652_thumb.jpg

I'm coming from a 2006 Z71 Colorado, bought it used at 65k miles but it looked like it was pampered; I was the one putting it to use for another 60k miles.

afterfocus_1416369996135_zpstkivjumv.jpg

20141116_151600_zps9of5oy3t.jpg

What I miss:

• The diff locker, trutrac is on my whishlist.
  • Bilstein shocks and tbars combo; going off road was nicer with the Colorado, shocks are also on my wishlist.

New things I'm getting used to:

• The size, I can't see the front right corner due to the hood hump as I could on the Colorado. I already scratched the driver's door with the garage gate and broke the garden water faucet because I needed to open half of the gate for the Colorado and this thing is wide as f*ck.
  • Power, I chirp my 35's (even with the 3.08 gears) whenever I go WOT at street crossings. I can tow whatever I want (figuratively speaking against the Colorado).
  • Bed space, I don't know what to do with so much space.
  • Tank size, I'm getting the same mpg's with both trucks, but I'm in pain every time I fill up from 1/4 or 1/8.

New ride, valance and rear splash guards already removed

20151118_150807_HDR_zpsjzqfusel.jpg

Archived