Extended Warranty

About to buy a new 2016 Silverado HD, but my dealer does not sell GM extended warranties.

I'm not a fan of 3rd party warranties. Has anyone ever used this company? (The Mechanic)

Good or bad experience....Thank you

Horrible company, they operate under a company called "The Warranty Group." There are a ton of very negative reviews online. The onlt experience I personally had with an extended warranty company was with Delta Auto Protect - I purchased an extended warranty on a used Buick Regal GS and had to use it twice, both times being easy/no issues.

These three gentlemen sell the GM direct warranty at $150 - $300 above cost.

Heck of a deal. This is the new GMEPP warranty.

The original GM warranty, GMPP (GM Protection Plan), was bought out by Ally Financial during the bankruptcy. It will still be honored by GM dealers, but it will be treaded as a 3rd a party warranty as of January 1st 2016.

The new warranty is called GMEPP (GM Extended Protection Plan). This is what all the dealers are switching to this year.

Give this guy's a call. If buYing from outside thier states, yiu don't pay tax either. Keep in mind that you can not buy an extended warranty outside the state if you live in MD or FL.

David Andrews

Bradley Chevrolet

Parker, AZ

928.669.2228 O

909.559.9636 C

[email protected]

Ken Fitchner

Denny Menholt Chevrolet

Billings, MT

[email protected]

(406) 896-3088 (Direct)

Allen Black

James E. Black Cadillac

Edensburg, PA

[email protected]

814-472-9550, ext 302

Get a quote from each and see who they match up. Based on my VIN 84m/75k ranged from $1400 to $1600. And the 84m 100k ranged from $1550 to $1700. This is with the 100 deductible.

My buddy bought a Canyon in VA and got a quote for $3550 from his selling dealer. The mark up is insane on these.

Also, read the print on the contract about deductibles. If you service your car at the selling dealer you purchased the warranty from, the deductible is waived. If you live more than 100 miles from where you purchased that warranty, you can request you preferred/selling dealer be changed, thus avoiding the deductible.

Edited by SierraMyst
  • Like 2

Stick with the GMEPP plans. These are actual GM contracts. The old GMPP service was sold to Ally bank a few years back. A Google search will show you GM dealers selling them online. They take effect when you buy them and you have to purchase before the factory bumper to bumper warranty ends. I bought a 7 year plan on my 2011 Z06 about 3 months before bumper to bumper expired. Insurance against losing a $25K LS7 engine.

• Like 1

Stick with the GMEPP plans. These are actual GM contracts. The old GMPP service was sold to Ally bank a few years back. A Google search will show you GM dealers selling them online. They take effect when you buy them and you have to purchase before the factory bumper to bumper warranty ends. I bought a 7 year plan on my 2011 Z06 about 3 months before bumper to bumper expired. Insurance against losing a $25K LS7 engine.

DanY,

What was the longest term you could buy before the 36k mark? I understand the 84 month term drop after 24k on the odo.

I believe 72 months. I'm going with 84 to keep payments near $500. I usually put additional 50 per month on my loan, gets me close to 72. While keeping my payments reasonable. My bottomline is around $42,000. With Cash allowance and GMS pricing. Hope this helps.

Edited by Moe1973

I believe 72 months. I'm going with 84 to keep payments near $500. I usually put additional 50 per month on my loan, gets me close to 72. While keeping my payments reasonable. My bottomline is around $42,000. With Cash allowance and GMS pricing. Hope this helps.

This may be two different things. To get the deals these gentlemen provide, you'd buy the warranty after the fact, not during the purchase.

You can buy the warranty from you dealer and roll it into your loan, but it will be more expensive. But what you can do get a quote from these gentlemen and try to negotiate with your selling dealer. But chances are, these three listed above will be less.

Just know you don't have to buy the warranty at the time of sale. GMEPP has no time limit on when you have to buy, just a mileage limit.

The prices on the GMEPP warranty go up at 12k, 24k, and is no longer available after 36k. The length of the terms 60 months, 72 months, 84 months also get shortened as you go past 12k, 24, 36k.

After 36k, you'll have to buy a third party warranty.

Edited by SierraMyst

From what I read, I can purchase a extended warranty as long as it is before 36k?

I live in MD how would I go about this? Contact a GM dealer or Ally or ?

I would prefer someone other then my dealer if possible maybe another GM dealer?

Thanks for any help

• Like 1

I purchased a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT in June and am interested in purchasing a GMEPP extended warranty here in Maryland as well. My dealer tried to sell me a 3rd party warranty that I was in no way interested in when I bought the truck. Anybody know of any dealers in Maryland that sells the GMEPP extended warranty?

• Like 1

DanY,

What was the longest term you could buy before the 36k mark? I understand the 84 month term drop after 24k on the odo.

My Z06 GMEPP is for 84 months and 56K miles. The Corvette only had 2200 miles on it at the end of the bumper to bumper 3yr/36K. Price was $2380 from Hardin Chevrolet in MT.

From what I read, I can purchase a extended warranty as long as it is before 36k?

I live in MD how would I go about this? Contact a GM dealer or Ally or ?

I would prefer someone other then my dealer if possible maybe another GM dealer?

Thanks for any help

Its tough because you're in MD, so you can't buy out of state.

I get a quote from above and get your local dealer to match it.

Or call Ken or Allen and see if there's a work around.

• Like 1

I used Ken from denny Menholt Chevrolet, I live in WA state and there is something with buying the extended warranty from third parties. If he can do it I would suggest waiting until around 23000 miles it's the same price for 1 year or newer vehicles up until 24000 miles then and the warranty gets tacked on so mine goes until like 75000 miles or 5 years from date of purchasing which was in August of 15 so I'm good on a 2014 until 2020.