Sierra Denali 110v power outlet not working......

I have a 2014 Sierra Denali and my 110v charging port has stopped working. The little green LED never comes on. I first noticed this with my phone charger, it's for a Nexus 6 with the Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 technology. I know this outlet is only rated for 150 watts, but this charger is far less than that. I also tried my Macbook pro charger, rated at 95 watts, and the port still won't work.

Anyone else run into this problem? I'm thinking I have a major problem with all my power ports, 12v chargers included. The reason being my KDLinks X1 dashcam keeps going to an all white LCD screen while driving. It just started doing this a couple months ago and never did it before. When I try it on my Dad's 2013 Malibu, it never resets to the white LCD screen. So basic trial and error leads me to believe it's something with my Denali's power ports.

Just wanted to check in with everyone here on the forum, as I plan on making a service appointment to get this looked at. But as we all know, they'll probably say NOTHING is wrong with anything, as usual. If I could get some feedback here, at least I can guide the EXPERTS in the right direction on how to fix this problem.

Thanks so much!

Fuse?

I thought the same thing, checked all the fuses in the engine compartment, but none of them were blown. I'm guessing this fuse may be in another location.

Hoping someone will chime in and maybe know that information.

• 4 months later...

The fuse for this plug is located in the passenger side of the dash. It takes a lot of force to pull the cover off to access the fuses. I blew one of mine trying to use a small vacuum. Hope this helps

The fuse for this plug is located in the passenger side of the dash. It takes a lot of force to pull the cover off to access the fuses. I blew one of mine trying to use a small vacuum. Hope this helps

I blew the fuse awhile back using my heat gun. I think the max wattage is only 150 that it can handle, but could be wrong. When I first got the truck I assumed that you could plug anything with a household 110 plug but that's what I get for assuming lol.

Edited by SouthernSilveradoGuy85

• 2 weeks later...

Just registered and ran across this thread....

My 2014 GMC Sierra has issue with the 110v outlet. It was working fine yesterday, today it is not working. I have already changed out the fuse, no luck. Pulled the trim/console and checked the connections were solid, still didn't work. Any suggestions?

I have not used the one in my 16 (only had it one week) but I had used the one in my 14 several times. I have run drill motors and drop lights many times and occasionally it would "trip out" but would automatically reset itself in a few seconds so I think there may be an automatic reset breaker involved in the circuit? Maybe it has gone bad? .

The 110V plug is connected to a circuit breaker which should reset when the device that overloaded it is unplugged from the outlet.

Plug is only rated for 150W (compared to typical household plug at about 10 times that number)

• 1 year later...