I would like to purchase "stock torsion keys that came on the truc

So I put on the bigger keys for a leveling kit with shock extenders.. It's been on for a year. Ride quality sucks.. Sounds like stock keys and turning the torsion bars up give you a better ride with shock extenders.

Anyway... I can't find my "Stock Keys" that came with the truck. Is there a place I can order the stock keys?

THANKS!

The stock keys won't make it ride any better than the leveling keys; they are just a lever. Best bet is to see how far you can lower it with the lift keys in. You might be able to get it low enough to get your ride back without buying additional keys.

I agree with CAtaylor, putting the stock keys back in isn't going to help. Cranked keys are cranked keys, whether they are stock or aftermarket. The aftermarket ones just allow you to crank even farther than the stockers. Chances are, the new keys are just cranked too much, and your down travel is maxed out by your upper control arms. Try cranking them down a bit. Just be careful not to crank them down too much, because if you accidentally back the bolt all the way out, they'll take your head off, haha.

• Like 1

I agree with CAtaylor, putting the stock keys back in isn't going to help. Cranked keys are cranked keys, whether they are stock or aftermarket. The aftermarket ones just allow you to crank even farther than the stockers. Chances are, the new keys are just cranked too much, and your down travel is maxed out by your upper control arms. Try cranking them down a bit. Just be careful not to crank them down too much, because if you accidentally back the bolt all the way out, they'll take your head off, haha.

You can back the bolt all the way out with zero issues, the key is still under pressure and nothing will happen. Completely safe.

Edited by SMiller

You can back the bolt all the way out with zero issues, the key is still under pressure and nothing will happen. Completely safe.

Really??? Wow, I didn't know that. I've heard more than one guy say that you didn't want to take the bolt out unless you had a good two-jaw puller on there to support the tension. I've never actually tested it out though, haha. Thanks for the correction! :thumbs:

Really??? Wow, I didn't know that. I've heard more than one guy say that you didn't want to take the bolt out unless you had a good two-jaw puller on there to support the tension. I've never actually tested it out though, haha. Thanks for the correction! :thumbs:

The key itself is under extreme pressure as it has the torsion bar twisted holding the truck up but there are stops that keep the keys from dropping out, that is why you have to use the tool to hold the keys up then slowly release the pressure.

Very self explanatory if you look under the truck.

All the truck pullers carry a cordless impact and simply remove the bolts at the truck pulls then use a jack to raise the truck and run the bolts back in after pulling.

There are some torsion key videos on YouTube, kinda fun to watch and learn.

I wish I could make a video and do a writeup on properly leveling these trucks as it is pretty simple and yet everyone seems to screw it up...

The key itself is under extreme pressure as it has the torsion bar twisted holding the truck up but there are stops that keep the keys from dropping out, that is why you have to use the tool to hold the keys up then slowly release the pressure.

Very self explanatory if you look under the truck.

All the truck pullers carry a cordless impact and simply remove the bolts at the truck pulls then use a jack to raise the truck and run the bolts back in after pulling.

There are some torsion key videos on YouTube, kinda fun to watch and learn.

I wish I could make a video and do a writeup on properly leveling these trucks as it is pretty simple and yet everyone seems to screw it up...

Gotcha. I've helped buddies crank up the stock keys quite a few times over the years, but never paid much attention to that minor detail, as we weren't removing the keys. Like you said, I'm sure it would make sense if I looked at it. Haven't been under a torsion bar truck in a while I guess...

• 5 years later...