In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Brad's 2015 Z71 (Victory Red)

deanbrada

Hi everyone,

Been following some amazing builds on here and figured it was time I started my own. Current truck is a 2015 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab 4x4 in Victory Red. Bought it with 3 miles and now have 11,000 on it in 5 months. Only complaints so far is the sluggish acceleration and the drivers side front seat is starting to be degraded but I am hoping getting the side steps will help prevent that. Sliding in every time doesn't help with the way they are designed.

Mods so far:

Front windows tinted 20%

Husky floor mats

AVS vent visors

Driver side assist handle

Kobalt low profile toolbox

Mods to come:

5% window tint on back window

Iron Cross Patriot running boards

4-6 Lift Kit

Performance upgrades

post-151595-0-56218200-1452986579_thumb.jpg

post-151595-0-09528400-1452986587_thumb.jpg

Thanks fella's. She is a work in progress. The banker (wife) has cleared me to go ahead and lift it so I am in research mode right now. Having always had at least 6" of lift on every truck I have owned, I know I won't be satisfied with a leveling kit but I really hate to have to cut into this thing. Trying to find a kit with minimal cutting. Pretty sure I will add the Zone 1.5" body lift to whatever I put on as well.

Thanks everyone for the welcoming comments. I am going to have the rear window tinted to 5% on Friday. I do have a question that I am going to cross post in the steps/running board section. I am looking at ordering the Iron Cross Patriot Stainless Steel running boards and wander what you all think of them. I want steps that are functional, look guide and provide as much protection as possible. Plan to order them Friday or Saturday at the latest so I can have them on by next weekend. Thoughts?

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com/iron-cross-patriot-stainless-running-boards-chevy-silverado-crew-cab-1500-2014-2015.aspx

Welcome to the forums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Clint. Been following your build for months and you have an amazing truck. Any issues with the 3" body lift? I have been going back and forth on doing a 5-6" suspension lift or doing the 2.5" leveling kit with a 3" body lift and am worried on how this truck will look with it. Another member, 1CoolGMC, has the LK/BL combo I am thinking off but doesn't have a side view shot so its hard to tell how bad the frame exposure really is.

Thanks Clint. Been following your build for months and you have an amazing truck. Any issues with the 3" body lift? I have been going back and forth on doing a 5-6" suspension lift or doing the 2.5" leveling kit with a 3" body lift and am worried on how this truck will look with it. Another member, 1CoolGMC, has the LK/BL combo I am thinking off but doesn't have a side view shot so its hard to tell how bad the frame exposure really is.

thanks I appreciate the compliment, the step rails pretty much hides the frame rails, I like it,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered the Iron Cross Patriot stainless steel running boards Got them from auto anything.com for $435 shipped to the door. Looks like it will take a couple weeks though since Iron Cross is behind. Have to say this is a great company. Everything is made in the USA and they donate to military family scholarships.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Iron Cross step bars were delayed and finally arrived today. Kinda disappointed in the packaging though. The bars seem fine but the brackets were all thrown in a box without any protection. Most of them have small dings and chips in the paint. Gonna call autoanything and see what they say. Took a few pictures for reference. Only bad thing is that I don't have time to send them back and wait for new ones.

Zone 6.5" lift is ordered as well as color matched fender flares. Zone customer service was awesome. Called a little after 1:00 pm and Travis made sure they got shipped out today. Had a little trouble getting a promo code for the military discount but he kept at it till we got it to work. Only issue now is tires. I am going to keep my stock wheels for now. Don't really want to spend any more money since I still need to do exhaust work and spray in bedliner. Any suggestions for a 90% road / 10% offroad 35" tire. Would like something that looks good.