Leveling a 2016 2500HD

If I ordered my 2015i Sierra 2500 HD SLT Z71 with the big alternator{220} & two battery's will I have the extra wiring tided up somewhere for the lights for plow? I did not want the plow package so I wouldn't get temped to get a plow BUT...just in case I did I ordered the big alt. & dbl Batt.

Sierra Boy

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I ordered my 2015i Sierra 2500 HD SLT Z71 with the big alternator{220} & two battery's will I have the extra wiring tided up somewhere for the lights for plow? I did not want the plow package so I wouldn't get temped to get a plow BUT...just in case I did I ordered the big alt. & dbl Batt.

Sierra Boy

I doubt it if you didn't order the actual plow prep package.

Sierra Boy

There is no such thing as plow light wiring, how it works is the plow has the wiring, you simply unplug the wire connector going to the headlights and plug the plow light wiring in then plug your stock wiring back in, it works like a T-tap, everything is sealed and plug and play, once the plow is removed there is no splicing or any trace it was ever plugged in.

There is no such thing as plow light wiring, how it works is the plow has the wiring, you simply unplug the wire connector going to the headlights and plug the plow light wiring in then plug your stock wiring back in, it works like a T-tap, everything is sealed and plug and play, once the plow is removed there is no splicing or any trace it was ever plugged in.

Uh...VYU plow prep comes with the roof beacon wiring which I assume is what Sierra Boy was referring to...

Sierra Boy

In pretty sure the plow prep has 2 alternators, and every duramax has 2 batteries. Is it an option to get the 2 alt without plow?

I have a non plow with 1 alt and 2 batteries.

In pretty sure the plow prep has 2 alternators, and every duramax has 2 batteries. Is it an option to get the 2 alt without plow?

I have a non plow with 1 alt and 2 batteries.

LML can upgrade to dual alternators (RPO code KHB) which is a 220amp and 150amp. The upgrade can be made with or without plow prep. Dual batt. is standard on Duramax.

Go back and re-read, he stated the big alt being 220, which is the large unir for the GAS motor! Also having the dual battery's which again is the option on the GAS motor.

I also believe he was referring to the plow light wiring for the plow headlights and NOT the added wire in the headliner.

Duramax truck can be spec'd with dual alt regardless of plow prep.

Sierra Boy

Are you talking about the roof beacon light harness tied up or something else? Just would like to clarify thanks!

Go back and re-read, he stated the big alt being 220, which is the large unir for the GAS motor! Also having the dual battery's which again is the option on the GAS motor.

I also believe he was referring to the plow light wiring for the plow headlights and NOT the added wire in the headliner.

Duramax truck can be spec'd with dual alt regardless of plow prep.

Smiller...you are correct! I have the 6.0 gasser as I should have mentioned and the harness for the plow...not the beacon. What else is needed for the plow set-up? I ordered the big alt & dble batteries just in case I got the urge./ Again...I did not want to highjack the original posters thread.

Sierra Boy

Smiller...you are correct! I have the 6.0 gasser as I should have mentioned and the harness for the plow...not the beacon. What else is needed for the plow set-up? I ordered the big alt & dble batteries just in case I got the urge./ Again...I did not want to highjack the original posters thread.

Sierra Boy

Nothing else is needed although I would recommend turning up the torsion bars or installing Timbrens to avoid the truck riding on the bump stops.

So the T-bar turned up will get an 1" or 2"? And is it the same as a 1500...front end alignment and don't go higher than 2"s without doing UCA LCA etc?

So the T-bar turned up will get an 1" or 2"? And is it the same as a 1500...front end alignment and don't go higher than 2"s without doing UCA LCA etc?

You got it although I would recommend shock spacers as the shocks are not long enough for a stock truck let alone a taller one.

Ok, thanks.....time to spend a little $$$

I'll be interested to know if you go ahead with new uca's or not and how everything turns out. Keep us posted please.

Archived