Leveled 15' 2500HD , what size tire can I go to?

Any modifications of suspension with after market parts part of my warranty

Well, I guess what I was getting at is: are they going to not warranty unrelated parts of the truck because of a suspension mod? Engine or transmission, etc.?

Well, I guess what I was getting at is: are they going to not warranty unrelated parts of the truck because of a suspension mod? Engine or transmission, etc.?

Yea spot on. Seems some mods are up to interpretation by selected dealerships. I have modded every truck I have ever owned to suit my needs. This one pretty much good as is for now. Maybe crank the torsion keys in some but other than that good as is.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 5/23/2016 at 11:22 PM, tooch420 said:

Any of you guys think of going full lift to keep the factory ride? I love how all of your trucks look here, and have done the torsion lift in the past....BUT, I have never owned a new truck before and this is first for me, and the ride is exceptional compared to what I am used to in the past. I dont know what top do...lol

All I know is I do not want to loose how comfortable this truck is to ride in. Sometimes I am in it all day...

This was one thing I didn’t want. I went with a Rough Country 2” leveling kit (just torsion keys). It looks good and still rides great. The 2”s didn’t completely level it but when towing it doesn’t look overly squatted. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/6/2017 at 9:00 AM, rocnrol said:

Leveled by turning up factory keys, air bags in the rear, 35 12.5 18 BFG's no rubbing

1952158df53bc1773c9ba6f6248a01de.jpg

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Not to dig up an old thread, but do you happen to know the width of this wheel? I have a 2015 sierra 2500hd  SLE. Trying to level the factory keys and put 35/12.5/18 BFG KO2's on. Can live with a little bit of rub. Do you think this is a similar setup shown in this picture? (minus the air bag in the rear.)

• Like 1

Not to dig up an old thread, but do you happen to know the width of this wheel? I have a 2015 sierra 2500hd  SLE. Trying to level the factory keys and put 35/12.5/18 BFG KO2's on. Can live with a little bit of rub. Do you think this is a similar setup shown in this picture? (minus the air bag in the rear.)
I think the wheels are 9.5" wide, this size of tire fits fine.

What you're wanting to do is exactly what I have done, you should have no rubbing.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, rocnrol said:

I think the wheels are 9.5" wide, this size of tire fits fine.

What you're wanting to do is exactly what I have done, you should have no rubbing.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I did find a website saying they are 8" wide. https://www.wheel-size.com/size/gmc/sierra-2500/2015/ 

But i'm not sure if this is correct or not.

• Like 1

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I did find a website saying they are 8" wide. https://www.wheel-size.com/size/gmc/sierra-2500/2015/ 
But i'm not sure if this is correct or not.
Yeah.... I'd have to look around, I think there's a couple of different 18" wheels.

I now run a 305-70/18 tire, they're a true 35", and they rub a little at full lock. e3e3f347fdcbf11f58d9a45e4173058a.jpg02a016d00f43705e5187d578d4431f74.jpg8ec606fee6bf9b74ae8b609a5f484389.jpg

15 minutes ago, rocnrol said:

Yeah.... I'd have to look around, I think there's a couple of different 18" wheels.

I now run a 305-70/18 tire, they're a true 35", and they rub a little at full lock. e3e3f347fdcbf11f58d9a45e4173058a.jpg02a016d00f43705e5187d578d4431f74.jpg8ec606fee6bf9b74ae8b609a5f484389.jpg

Big fan of that setup. I'll report back this weekend with if they fit or not.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that stock wheel is 8" wide, with a +44 offset. I like them, have them on my truck, would like to keep them. Looking at 285 75 18 tire size, like 35x11 inches, should fit with cranked stock, or non stock torsion bar keys. Have both, wearing out stock tires, will soon report on fitment of Cooper's AT3 XLT with stock or aftermarket keys. I dig the look of rocnrol's truck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

Pretty sure that stock wheel is 8" wide, with a +44 offset. I like them, have them on my truck, would like to keep them. Looking at 285 75 18 tire size, like 35x11 inches, should fit with cranked stock, or non stock torsion bar keys. Have both, wearing out stock tires, will soon report on fitment of Cooper's AT3 XLT with stock or aftermarket keys. I dig the look of rocnrol's truck.

I'm looking at this size too. Maybe Toyo AT 2  Extreme.  They are supposed to be long wearing but that makes me think that they have a hard compound and will have poor traction before long. Anybody have good luck with these tires? I do little real off road just some fields and farmland. 

I'm looking at this size too. Maybe Toyo AT 2  Extreme.  They are supposed to be long wearing but that makes me think that they have a hard compound and will have poor traction before long. Anybody have good luck with these tires? I do little real off road just some fields and farmland. 

Here is 285/75R18’s. I’m using Duratracs for my winter set up.

34ff6616e84c878dc4ad2976966fd7d2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had great luck with AT2’s on my last truck. Very reliable tire, I never had a problem in rain or mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk