Midnight Edition Mods

On 10/6/2018 at 8:31 AM, 18Midnight said:

Big Henry,

- K&N Blackhawk seems to help slightly with performance.  My truck came with the GM 3 inch Cat Back from the factory so I wanted to be sure the intake could keep up with the exhaust.   Makes it sound a lot better too especially between 2 and 4k rpms.  But I did get the blackhawk version to match the rest of the truck plus its dry vs oil so easier to clean.  The official dyno says it gives you around 8 extra hp.  Got it from Amazon since it was cheaper than even K&N direct.

- Black lugnuts came from GM dealership and do have a lock.  They were 240 which seems crazy, but I had 100 off from mychevyrewards from buying the truck, so I wanted to use it on something and I already had them install the running boards and bed cover before I took delivery. 

- Bug defector does seem to help some with keeping bugs off unless they are really big or come in from the side I guess.  I did notice a slight mpg drop with it though so I may not keep it long term.  I got that at a local Auto Zone.

- The driver key hole I had the place that did my tints coat since the handle comes off and they were already coating the chrome around the bow ties and the steering wheel badge for me, it's a plasti dip type coating.  The tailgate keyhole the couldn't get to as well so I went to lowes and bought a 7/8 plug cover and cut the bottom with a utility knife the sanded it to fit the curve and used some clear silicone gorilla glue to hold it in there, turned out pretty good considering. 

- Plate cover and smoked glass were from Amazon.   I had to cut down the lip on the smoked cover to fit flush and I also got a mounting kit with black screw covers to keep that all clean looking.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

20181001_180926-1008x756.jpg

You don't happen to have a GM part number on those black lug nuts?  I am looking to replace mine.  Thanks!

15 minutes ago, DHaze83 said:

I found a set on ebay for $30. They are a bit shorter than stock but same diameter and sit flush with stock wheels.

Screenshot_20190118-141333_Chrome.jpg

Seems a little too good to be true considering they are 265 from the dealership.  I looked around some first too, but didn't want to risk damage to my lugs or rims or even worse so I bit the bullet and used the 100 gm cash I got when I bought the truck to bring them down to 165 and just picked them up at the dealership.   Those ones you found might be just fine, but when I just got a brand new 50k+ truck taking a risk to save 150 bucks seemed like a bad choice :)

44 minutes ago, 18Midnight said:

Seems a little too good to be true considering they are 265 from the dealership.  I looked around some first too, but didn't want to risk damage to my lugs or rims or even worse so I bit the bullet and used the 100 gm cash I got when I bought the truck to bring them down to 165 and just picked them up at the dealership.   Those ones you found might be just fine, but when I just got a brand new 50k+ truck taking a risk to save 150 bucks seemed like a bad choice :)

I was the opposite. I couldnt see myself spending $250 for lugnuts. Ive had these for a while now and they are basically the same steel nuts as the stock ones. Work just fine. I think GM is profiting off the fact that the ones they're selling have locks. Other than than, steel lugs are steel lugs.

8 hours ago, slj2008 said:

Look's Good - More Photo's / info on RED Stitching > Please

Just get the fabric marker, get 2 for a few coats . go to town on the stiching, don't be afraid to get on the leather as it comes right off, let it soak in for about 5 minutes then wipe w a wet rag. easy as pie.

13 hours ago, Crankycolnago said:

Just get the fabric marker, get 2 for a few coats . go to town on the stiching, don't be afraid to get on the leather as it comes right off, let it soak in for about 5 minutes then wipe w a wet rag. easy as pie.

Thank You for the info .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I had a 2015 midnight edition but i got rear-ended by a 19yr old and it got totaled last November.... So after the insurance check cleared i went and bought a 2018 midnight edition in January!! Luckily I was able to rip some of my old mods off my 2015 before they took her away and reuse them on the 2018. I was able to save my NFab Steps, my 33" Nitto Ridge grapplers(only had 4k miles on them when wrecked) mounted on factory midnight edition rims, my weather tech floor mats as well as some other smaller interior mods. Since getting the 2018 I have done:

5% tint in rear, 20% on front two windows, and 5% eyebrow

tailgate badge removal 

the bilstein 5100 suspension swap which leveled it out within 1/2" and allowed me to mount my 33" nitto ridge grapplers.

Installed a flowmaster super 10 series and had it dumped right before the rear axle. 

Ronin Factory stubby  antenna 

Frame Hole Plugs 

Bed rail plugs 

S&B Cold air Intake

I ordered my gorecon blacked out LED tail lights for trucks that have factory LED's and they should be in by friday. 

Also have my 3M vinyl to black out the red on the Z71 badges just havent gotten to it yet. 

I still need to replace the Bakflip folding bed cover that i was unable to reuses after the wreck. Also want to do a full grille swap and install the TREX x series. 

Also need to get the black powder coated SDHQ skid plate to do the full airdam removal(removed lower portion already). 

001.jpg

002.jpg

003_LI.jpg

004.jpg

005_LI.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Edited by C-Dub'sZ71
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, C-Dub'sZ71 said:

So I had a 2015 midnight edition but i got rear-ended by a 19yr old and it got totaled last November.... So after the insurance check cleared i went and bought a 2018 midnight edition in January!! Luckily I was able to rip some of my old mods off my 2015 before they took her away and reuse them on the 2018. I was able to save my NFab Steps, my 33" Nitto Ridge grapplers(only had 4k miles on them when wrecked) mounted on factory midnight edition rims, my weather tech floor mats as well as some other smaller interior mods. Since getting the 2018 I have done:

5% tint in rear, 20% on front two windows, and 5% eyebrow

tailgate badge removal 

the bilstein 5100 suspension swap which leveled it out within 1/2" and allowed me to mount my 33" nitto ridge grapplers.

Installed a flowmaster super 10 series and had it dumped right before the rear axle. 

Ronin Factory stubby  antenna 

Frame Hole Plugs 

Bed rail plugs 

S&B Cold air Intake

I ordered my gorecon blacked out LED tail lights for trucks that have factory LED's and they should be in by friday. 

Also have my 3M vinyl to black out the red on the Z71 badges just havent gotten to it yet. 

I still need to replace the Bakflip folding bed cover that i was unable to reuses after the wreck. Also want to do a full grille swap and install the TREX x series. 

Also need to get the black powder coated SDHQ skid plate to do the full airdam removal(removed lower portion already). 

001.jpg

002.jpg

003_LI.jpg

004.jpg

005_LI.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Nice truck!  Looking for blacked out taillights too.  Mine has the factory LED.  They are much harder to find.  Got a link to the ones you bought?  The only ones I have found are these that are out of stock right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DARKEST-BLACK-SMOKE-2016-2018-Chevy-Silverado-LED-Neon-Tube-Tail-Lights-Lamps-/192169619141?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Nice truck!  Looking for blacked out taillights too.  Mine has the factory LED.  They are much harder to find.  Got a link to the ones you bought?  The only ones I have found are these that are out of stock right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DARKEST-BLACK-SMOKE-2016-2018-Chevy-Silverado-LED-Neon-Tube-Tail-Lights-Lamps-/192169619141?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

https://gorecon.com/product/chevy-silverado-16-17-150025003500-replaces-factory-oem-led-tail-lights-only-also-fits-gmc-sierra-15-17-dually-body-style-with-factory-oem-led-tail-lights-only-oled-tail-lights-smoked-lens/

On the website it says 2016-2017 but I called twice just to make sure and they will fit a 2018 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, C-Dub'sZ71 said:

nice lights!  but damn $500 ouch!

nice lights!  but damn $500 ouch!

I was able to find them on eBay for $400. Ya they are definitely a little pricey but they are pretty much the only ones out there. I know spyder is in the process of releasing some but their website doesn’t even have pictures of them yet so who knows how long that will take. Also the way I see it is after I install the new lights I can sell the factory LED’s for atleast $300. Factory LED’s retail brand new at $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk