Body lift for Denali?

I know this has sorta already been hit on, but is it possible to use a 1.5-2 inch body lift kit on an awd denali? I know its trickier to do a suspension lift on them because of the AWD, but I was thinking a body lift shouldn't have anything to do with that and should be all good? But then the various body lift kits I've browsed online made for a 2006 Sierra/silverado specifically say that they don't fit denali models? Confused because AWD shouldn't have any affect on a body lift...

From what I understand the Denali has different bumper brackets and the body lift won't work with them. My guess is you could fabricate new bumper brackets to make the system work, I would just call Zone Offroad or Rough Country and speak to someone.

This is for the 99-06 style bodies though, the GMT 900 body style or 2007.5-2013 the body lifts will work on if my memory serves me correctly.

EDIT: Well Zone still says they won't work even for the for the GMT 900 body style, but I found a guy that did it.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/gmt900-3-body-lift-33s-no-leveling-kit.151852/

That is the truck I remembered, he was on here a lot years ago.

Wait so you're saying for my GMT-800 I would need to use a GMT-900 lift block kit? Or would it work if I just used a normal 99-06 GMT-800 body lift kit on mine and then got different bumper relocating brackets specific to Denali's separately?

I have never seen a body lift on 99-06 Denali trucks. I researched it years ago for my friend who has a 2006 Denali and gathered that the bumper brackets are different than a regular Sierra and the body lift will not work. I also read that companies do not sell modified lifts for them because there isn't enough of a want to sell two different kits.

As for the 2007.5-2013 Denali trucks... I have seen it done before even though the lift companies say that their kit does not work on a Denali. I posted that link to show that it has been done on the newer trucks, so I can't see why you couldn't fabricate things to make them work on your older body style.

I would still call a vendor of your choice and see if there are any other reasons besides bumper brackets that the body lift "doesn't work".

Archived