had a bad day, real bad with my 14 silverado 1500 crew lt

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just call a lemon law lawyer in your state. They give free advice, and if the case is worth their time, they will take it for free, because the manufacturer has to pay their fees, not you. Why are you waiting to do this?

CarFax is not the Holy Bible of Automotive History.... I've seen it first hand.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/how-carfax-works-and-why-you-should-take-it-with-a-gra-1639660981

I fully agree. But in most cases, dealerships report service history to carfax. In the case of a buyback, there would likely be significant history from a dealer. Not saying all report it, but all the ones I've come across have.

It would of course be best to get the full history and RO's from the dealers but this could be rather difficult to obtain.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My experience with a buy back.

I bought a 1 year old Equinox that was a buy back. I was told it had a problem with a sensor under the seat and it was an easy fix and was fixed. I figured no problem and bought it from the same dealer that took it in on trade (I didn't understand it was a "buy back" but knew it had some problems). Was told GM has to tell you when you buy one from them. You didn't buy it from a GM dealer so nobody has to tell you anything. Just a car fax will do. Well 2 years later and 15 trips to the dealer to figure out why it wouldn't start or run right on hot days I traded it in to my local dealer. All of this was covered under warranty even though it was a buy back and past my 36,000 because it was a prior. GM even sent out engineers to try and figure it all out with no luck.

In the end I had to show that my family (relatives and they could see it) has bought 56 GM vehicles over the years. I was given a 3 year extended warranty on the suv which I traded in shortly (for full non buy back price) after and $5,000 towards a new vehicle that I had to use in 1 year. Bought my truck that way. My local GM dealer that took it in on trade said the car goes immediately to auction. No way will they sell a buy back. That's the difference of the dealer I bought from and the one who I deal with that attempted the repairs.

Few points.

Be kind talking to the GM reps. I had a lady that felt bad for me and even gave me a brand new AWD Equinox to drive my family down to the Carolinas for vacation so I didn't have to risk it breaking on us. They will do what they can if they see your side and think you will stay GM.

What I used as an argument is I was told it was a buy back, but I was also told it was fixed which it obviously wasn't. My guess is yours had issues they knew about. That said they didn't sell it to you it changed hands at the auction.

Is it possible that when the local dealer did all the junk to it to sell it they took responsibility for the warranty since GM didn't put that stuff on it. When it was with the original owner, fine. I bet it was soon brought in by the owner and they found it to be junk. Dealer probably took it in on a trade and auctioned it basically wiping there hands with it. GM already wiped their hands when the dealer put all that crap on it. Did the motor go because of a lift and what not? probably not. Did the motor go because who ever wanted a truck like that probably beat the living snot out of it before they traded it in? Possibly.

Dealer auctioned it not because they knew it was a great truck and would sell easy problem free. They auctioned it because they knew it was a POS and they didn't want to have to deal with covering the problems. They took the loss when they auctioned it I bet. They probably $hit when they seen it show up for repair. I bet that's why they are blaming things that were modded and things that they didn't put on to cover their a$$.

Just a note this truck was sold brand new from original dealer with everything done to it the dealer had it done

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just call a lemon law lawyer in your state. They give free advice, and if the case is worth their time, they will take it for free, because the manufacturer has to pay their fees, not you. Why are you waiting to do this?

I have been consulting with a lawyer was just waiting to see if gm was gonna do anything first

Im getting the truck towed back to my house so I atleast i will be in possession of it for the time being ot does me no good sitting at a dealer in Ohio who is now not returning my calls

Wow simply at a loss here, no clue other then i think it's time to get the lawyer involved.

Did you ever contact the dealer who performed the service in Arkansas and ask them the history on this truck? Gm is suppose to keep records of buy backs i thought i read somewhere for 3 years so they should have it stored in their system if it was indeed a buy back. At this point though it's clear your current dealer in Ohio is not going to do anything for you, this has dragged on far too long already. They cant just deny your warranty issue and shrug their shoulders when you ask them why, that is not an acceptable answer.

So I send a email to general motors corporate and I get a phone call at home knowing I'm at work from who else? Tje same lady I was dealing with for the last 3 weeks saying I need to write a letter to the point box or call the # on the chevy.com page which I thought is same number that led me to her I believe. What a bunch of shit. I'm done with this I don't even want this truck anymore time to get the lawyer involved

So I send a email to general motors corporate and I get a phone call at home knowing I'm at work from who else? Tje same lady I was dealing with for the last 3 weeks saying I need to write a letter to the point box or call the # on the chevy.com page which I thought is same number that led me to her I believe. What a bunch of shit. I'm done with this I don't even want this truck anymore time to get the lawyer involved

I have been following this,and everything you have been through I would do the same. Good luck!

Hope it all works out for ya, just read the whole post and sounds like a bunch of BS, I wouldn't except that from GM or any dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much help but I can relay a story. Dealers will hide stuff if at all possible. I have a friend buy a low mileage/untitled F body camaro SS years ago. It was plagued with minor wear and tear issues, including a "prematurely" failed clutch and lots of worn out suspension components. He took it into the dealer and they denied his warranty work for the car. Come to find out, prior to the dealer having the car it was knowingly used at high performance driving school and beat on pretty good. My friend somehow found this out, went back the dealer with this info and they were embarrassed that he found out. After some hell raising he managed to get them to fix the car and throw in a huge warranty.

Should I be worried that I bought a demo that was used as a loaner?

I bought one too, with 4k miles on it. Some get used as loaners and some get used by managers and higher ups only. The demo trucks still have the factory warranty and if anything, I felt any issues would have popped up in that demo period. I wouldnt worry too much as the dealer cant block your truck from work because it was a demo.

Should I be worried that I bought a demo that was used as a loaner?

I wouldn't be, as long as there was full disclosure with full warranty and you bought it from a GM dealer. My dealer sells "demo" units all of the time that were used as loaners as they reach 3,000 miles. That is a very different situation than the OP's purchase which was sent to auction after the original purchaser had it for a very short time.

Archived