thanks for this info u can get the gm3 for under 70 bucks on ebay and the sat1 is under 20 bucks that allows you to use the factory sat antenna instead of the one the head unit has..... now i just need to pick a head unit and speakers. Im think the pioneer 4200 nex

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the Alpine since it keeps the look pretty similar to factory while adding a larger screen and features (light and winch control is pretty cool).

I wish it supported Android Auto as that's a big thing for me. Being able to search for a destination and get directions via voice or on my phone is great. Also not sure the quality of the DAC on the Alpine. I assume it's good but not really sure.

In the future I'd love to just upgrade the DAC, Amp and speakers as I think that should give me more than enough sound quality while keeping the in dash working well.  

2 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

I like the Alpine since it keeps the look pretty similar to factory while adding a larger screen and features (light and winch control is pretty cool).

I wish it supported Android Auto as that's a big thing for me. Being able to search for a destination and get directions via voice or on my phone is great. Also not sure the quality of the DAC on the Alpine. I assume it's good but not really sure.

In the future I'd love to just upgrade the DAC, Amp and speakers as I think that should give me more than enough sound quality while keeping the in dash working well.  

I'm pretty sure you can add HDMI to the alpine so that you can mirror your phone

19 hours ago, jdrampage said:

I'm pretty sure you can add HDMI to the alpine so that you can mirror your phone

Mirroring the phone isn't the same as Android auto. Mirroring will display the visual and audio but will lack some interaction. Additionally it will literally just mirror the screen, rather than actually displaying a custom dash.

Archived