In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

thanks for this info u can get the gm3 for under 70 bucks on ebay and the sat1 is under 20 bucks that allows you to use the factory sat antenna instead of the one the head unit has..... now i just need to pick a head unit and speakers. Im think the pioneer 4200 nex

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the Alpine since it keeps the look pretty similar to factory while adding a larger screen and features (light and winch control is pretty cool).

I wish it supported Android Auto as that's a big thing for me. Being able to search for a destination and get directions via voice or on my phone is great. Also not sure the quality of the DAC on the Alpine. I assume it's good but not really sure.

In the future I'd love to just upgrade the DAC, Amp and speakers as I think that should give me more than enough sound quality while keeping the in dash working well.  

2 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

I like the Alpine since it keeps the look pretty similar to factory while adding a larger screen and features (light and winch control is pretty cool).

I wish it supported Android Auto as that's a big thing for me. Being able to search for a destination and get directions via voice or on my phone is great. Also not sure the quality of the DAC on the Alpine. I assume it's good but not really sure.

In the future I'd love to just upgrade the DAC, Amp and speakers as I think that should give me more than enough sound quality while keeping the in dash working well.  

I'm pretty sure you can add HDMI to the alpine so that you can mirror your phone

19 hours ago, jdrampage said:

I'm pretty sure you can add HDMI to the alpine so that you can mirror your phone

Mirroring the phone isn't the same as Android auto. Mirroring will display the visual and audio but will lack some interaction. Additionally it will literally just mirror the screen, rather than actually displaying a custom dash.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Nickisfatt
      So i have a 2021 Silverado Custom and Ive been wanting to upgrade my clusters and Steering wheel.  I see alot of people saying it the Audio controls dont work because of the radio but from what I've seen there are LT trims that also have IOR radios(like the customs and w/t) and Steering wheel controls.  With that being said, then the wiring is possible for steering wheel audio controls to work, no? and if the clusters are swapped as well, wouldnt the steering wheel be able to connect to the new clusters?
    • By Sam Witwicky
      Hi, I'am looking for any and all information for upgrading the current factory non-navigation head unit to a factory navigation unit in a 2013 Suburban. The plugs don't match up so I would need to make my own plug & play harness or purchase one. I already have the navigation head unit and have a Snap On scanner to program it once installed. Infotainment via Ebay sells the complete set with head unit and all with a plug & play harness to accomplish this but they are unwilling to sell just the harness. https://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-STOCK-OEM-CHEVROLET-GPS-NAVIGATION-RADIO-UPGRADE-CD-HDD-DVD-PLAYER-BOSE/131306773280 
      https://www.infotainment.com/products/gm-premium-factory-gps-navigation-radio-upgrade?variant=324252773
      If I have to make one I will but I would need the wiring diagram from a non-navigation Bose system and a diagram from a navigation unit with Bose as well. Has anyone got experience with this and if so, can you help me out? I'am not looking for aftermarket install. Thank you very much. 
    • By DGRUNDMAN
      Hi i have a 16 gmc sierra im having multiple issues and can't figuer them out
      First issue I hit my turning signal or even stopping. Will cause my radio/display screen to turn green.
      Second issue is also in the display screen my backup camera won't come on when I'm backing up any help would be greatly appreciated!
    • By Jason Gonzales
      So my 2018 Chevy Silverado LTZ radio is basically bouncing and I have already tried to remove the blue cable and still does it. And ofcourse I am now 2000 miles out of warranty. This sucks my first new truck is messing up already! 
      IMG_8354.MOV
    • By daveor
      I have a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 with 3.0 diesel, Sometimes when I shut the truck off and then get back and start it up,, the radio says the satellite is lost, trying to reconnect, but it won't until I shut the motor off and get out of the truck or at least wait at least 2 minutes or more with the motor and radio off,, then restart and the radio works fine,, this only happens with xm,, fm and am work fine,, I have contacted my dealer and they say it must be xm,,, contacted xm,, they say it must them the radio, It doesn't do this all the time,, just once in a while,,, no matter how long I drive with it saying it is trying to reconnect, it never does,, wondering, Am I the only one having this problem? Not sure who to talk to next,,, any ideas? Thanks