Premium Fuel With 6.2L?

My last truck 2014 6.2 I was running mid grade fuel in it without any problem and good mileage...I just got a new my 2016 and I am going to run premium fuel for a few thousand miles and then switch back to mid grade...works for me

Edited by Smickie500

I never will understand these types of threads. The 6.2L is a $2495.00 option...on a at least a 45K truck...... And people wanna skimp on a few cents for some gas??? Come on people....

Around here Premium is around $0.30 more than regular.. So thats $7.80 on a tank if you filled all 26 gallons. Now if you fill up once a week for the year thats a whole $405.60..

.................................................. :rant:

• Like 15

Never understood why thwy dont want you to use e85 on the 6.2. Cheaper cleaner

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Not as readily available in some areas as others.

With gas as cheap as it is i dont understand this either. I remember using premium when it was $4.75ish a gal.....

I run 91 on my 5.3.....93 when i get down to Tx

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

• Like 1

I never will understand these types of threads. The 6.2L is a $2495.00 option...on a at least a 45K truck...... And people wanna skimp on a few cents for some gas??? Come on people....

Around here Premium is around $0.30 more than regular.. So thats $7.80 on a tank if you filled all 26 gallons. Now if you fill up once a week for the year thats a whole $405.60..

Well said.

• Like 3

Your definitely are not getting the most power out of anything less than 91. I can personally vouch for this as when I first got my truck it was a complete dog compared to my 2012 6.2L with the free tank of gas from the dealer, but once I filled it up with 91 octane it was a heck of alot better. And after that I had the same results when premium wasn't available so I was stuck with 87 octane and it again was a complete dog like the first tank was.

Edited by AaronIROCZ

Never understood why thwy dont want you to use e85 on the 6.2. Cheaper cleaner

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Since you brought up cleaner, that's not necessarily true. The production of E85 actually requires more fuel to produce than it gives, making it an energy negative. Just a little FYI.

if you lucky you can get it for $0.30 more than regular but here in Illinois its between $0.50 to $0.80 more then regular

407A6F0D-FD50-42E4-A344-B30FDC0279EB_zps49CD466E-9C9F-4160-8EF8-E8E348FD03A1_zpsFF70A83E-FD15-4FCA-B7F5-15B59376D32E_zps

Edited by 15SILVERADOLTZ
  • Like 1