6.2 - Noise Cancellation - Kicker Sub

I've seen it talked about in threads, but couldn't find any info in the audio forum or a dedicated thread.

I have a Denali with 6.2 and active noise cancellation. I want to add the stand-alone kicker sub, but it's not technically for the 6.2 as I guess the ANC is tuned for the built in sub but not the aftermarket.

I've read that you can disconnect the rear microphone and everything works.

Has anyone done this and had any issues? Will the front mics still pick up the bass and attempt to cancel it out? Is there a more elegant solution than snipping the mic wire, like unplugging it from the harness? Is there any feedback or distortion or anything else with this route?

Thanks.

Yes putting in an aftermarket sub with an amp you disconnect the 3 speakers (1 by the driver head 1 by the passenger 1 in the middle of the rear passengers) if you do do this you get a constant thumping sound as you drive.

Do this will solve this issue.

I just installed an aftermarket sub/amp in my 14 Silverado w/ ANC. I was having major "engine noise" through the sub. I found a thread on this forum that had pics and description how to eliminate it. This solved the problem-

*Pull rear passenger door sill.

*Expose wiring harness that's inside plastic housing.

*Cut the Violet & Blue wire.

Problem fixed! :thumbs:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/171898-14-subamp-install-with-bose-problem/

Edited by jgoza81
  • Like 1

+ 1.... the reason why I haven't done anything to the stereo in my new 6.2 truck. I have a perfect sub/box/amp set up ready to go from my last 2014 truck.. but I'm not installing in this truck until (if) there is a better solution.

cutting 1 wire, which is the crankshaft position sensor wire disables ANC and solves this problem.

OR cut out x3 wires to the mics in the headliner.

all you guys looking for a better solution, good luck. i've been enjoying added bass for almost a year now w/no issues.

+ 1.... the reason why I haven't done anything to the stereo in my new 6.2 truck. I have a perfect sub/box/amp set up ready to go from my last 2014 truck.. but I'm not installing in this truck until (if) there is a better solution.

You PMd me directly regarding this issue. Did you not find or cut the wire?

It's your truck, do what you want. I'm just saying it worked for me.

I had my aftermarket sub and amp installed professionally since I'm not savvy with things like that... They did not cut any wires the first time around.. it made all sorts of distortion randomly. I took my truck back to the audio shop and they said oh you must have the active noise cancellation. They cut only the wire to the rear microphone and it now works perfectly.

I did not check to see if only that wire was cut, but I have no reason to think they lied to me about it.

I'd rather have my amp and sub than a rear microphone...

Edited by sneakypete6

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a 2016 Silverado without the stock bose system. I was told the anc is why I'm getting feedback through my subs. I used the lc7i rca converter and ran the input wires from my door speakers. I am running aftermarket highs off an aftermarket amp. Just wanting to know exactly where to find the anc wire to cut to get rid of the noise in my subs. Don't even know if my truck has a factory amp being that it didn't have the stock base system. Please let me know which rear door panel to pull or where I should be looking to cut this wire. Thank yall in advance. 

1 hour ago, Stevetnewman said:

I have a 2016 Silverado without the stock bose system. I was told the anc is why I'm getting feedback through my subs. I used the lc7i rca converter and ran the input wires from my door speakers. I am running aftermarket highs off an aftermarket amp. Just wanting to know exactly where to find the anc wire to cut to get rid of the noise in my subs. Don't even know if my truck has a factory amp being that it didn't have the stock base system. Please let me know which rear door panel to pull or where I should be looking to cut this wire. Thank yall in advance. 

Welcome to the site.

What trim level is your truck?